My views.

November 13, 2007 05:50PM
> Someone said: <br>> >Imperials are Evil. E. V. I. L. <br>> > <br>> >Sure there are apparent rules that float around, but >basically it's like a school yard with not enough >teachers around to watch it. The big bullies pick on >the little bullies, and they in turn pick on the >smaller guys. Sure, if something drastic enough >happens the teachers will step in and mess someone >up, but otherwise they let the yard sort itself out. <br>> <br>> >You can't expect every rule within an EVIL cabal to >be upheld perfectly. <br>> <br>> <br>> Can someone explain to me how this is lawful evil? This is my main issue here. I perceive above as chaotic evil. I'm actually not disagreeing that this is the way empire is being played out either.. Most of them act like chaotic evil. <br>> <br> <br>Okay.. lets take the three orderly evil, neutral evil, chaotic evil. <br> <br>Chaotic evil is basically a loose cannon, they will strike wherever, whenever they see fit. Go where they like, turn on whoever they like whenever they like. They are unpredictable and (obviously) disorderly by nature. They will probably even see some merit in attempting to completely fuck up society and destroy it completely and, in the chaos that ensues pick bits and pieces of power from the wreckage they cause for themselves. They kill the innocent and weak, they skull**** beggars just for a laugh because they can and it amuses them, especially if the local guard sees. If <br>they can run into town and kill a paladin they are overjoyed, especially if they can shoot a middle finger to the provost as they administer the killing blow. <br> <br>Neutral evil they aren't really concerned with order or chaos. Sure, society can exist so long as they can get a slice of power somehow. If it doesn't exist, they don't care so long as they get what they want. They kill anything that moves if it has power, wealth, something fun. They might kill a beggar for their change and then bank it. If they have to cross into town to kill a paladin so be it, if they can get away with it without becoming a criminal, even better but it really doesn't matter. <br> <br>An orderly evil character gains power through the system. Think of a corrupt magistrate or Senator Palpatine (Thanks Dylan.) Its easier than ever for them because it might give them a facade which they can hide behind while they commit their evil deeds, theres less chance for people to suspect anything is going on. They kiss ass to their superiors, when the superior says jump, they jump its all in the name of power gain. BUT as soon as they rise to their superior's level the former superior had better watch out. Rules are in place to give order but rules can be bent and (rarely) broken, especially if its a conflict of interest BUT they will only break rules or even bend them if no one is watching and they think they can get away with it. And when they are at the top their actions would make Stalin proud.
Subject Author Views Posted

Last thread (I promise) Explain ?

Oero 812 November 13, 2007 05:21PM

It isn't. It's ORDERLY evil.

Cointreau 454 November 13, 2007 05:23PM

NT by the way. (nt)

Cointreau 476 November 13, 2007 05:23PM

Seriously, what part of this aren't you understanding?

Shadowmaster 451 November 13, 2007 05:27PM

You are describing an anarchic society, where might makes right.

Boon 484 November 13, 2007 05:55PM

Being in charge of applying the rules makes you mighty. nt

Dylan 488 November 13, 2007 06:02PM

Have you ever seen Star Wars? Go watch star wars. nt

Dylan 495 November 13, 2007 05:28PM

Haha!

Shadowmaster 469 November 13, 2007 05:29PM

Dude...txt

Isildur 493 November 13, 2007 06:28PM

Man.. that would have been epic. One for the archives. nt

Istirith 482 November 13, 2007 06:33PM

You should have :( n/t

Balrahd 452 November 13, 2007 07:26PM

My views.

Istirith 498 November 13, 2007 05:50PM

And to continue the beggar analogy for orderly..

Istirith 465 November 13, 2007 06:04PM

I can't seem to figure out why, but your name makes me want cookies. ~

_Magus_ 495 November 13, 2007 06:05PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aero_%28chocolate%29 nt

Istirith 484 November 13, 2007 06:12PM

Mmmmm... chocolate. ~

_Magus_ 461 November 13, 2007 06:16PM

So much so. I love oroe blizzards from dairy queen. n/t.

jibber 484 November 14, 2007 01:49AM

Lawful evil is about using the system

Daurwyn 488 November 13, 2007 11:30PM

Lawful Evil vs Chaotic Evil inside

Trewyn 470 November 16, 2007 03:08AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 109
Record Number of Users: 5 November 04, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 358 August 31, 2022