An Open Letter to CFTRAVIAN

June 25, 2008 04:49PM
My fellow CF'ers(RIP 94-08')..

When I had started with you all in CF travian.... there were over 75 of us, posting, plotting, learning and growing together... Then CF came back up, and 75 turns into 50.. turned into 30... turned into fewer and fewer Travian Players.. and more CF players who sometimes logged into Travian. To some who just all together 'quit' and never told anyone about it...

I decided to bring this to the attention of our alliance founder, Nivek, in the north. While his intentions were always good, he had no intention of really leading... None of winning and really didn't want to 'play' the game as it's needed to be played to win.

Which is fine! Doing whatever he wants to do, or what anyone wants to do to determine what would be more 'fun' for them.. is wonderful.

I posted a thread on the CF-N Confederate board, asking, Who wants to win!...

I got responses like.. "not really"... Kinda casual.. not into raiding.. ugh!

Folsa/Nivek had even told me that we would likely be absorbed by another alliance before we knew it..

I was kinda bummed, even upset. I decided to start looking around at other alliances that would suit my requirements for an organized force of players who actually had stratagies and plans on seeing the game through to the end and winning.. or at least even _trying_ to win... I also have intentions of bringing the players from CF who *want* to win into this alliance within time.

I don't want any of you to feel that I've betrayed you, or that I am backstabbing you..

I'm playing the game, enjoying myself and if I'm going to be spending hours a day working on this game... I'll be damned if it's going to be... not to win.

I apologize if the manner in which I did it was too abrupt for most peoples liking.. I didn't really bother to talk about it .. other than to a few people (who agreed with me)... because I didn't really think that people would respond to it in a positive way.. (since the thread on the forums, "Who wants to win!" got particuarlly negative responses.

I'm not your enemy, i'm not raiding you, I'm not plotting against you.. I expect that we will still live together in harmony.. and write this down.. because it's going to come true...
Many of you will wind up in a different alliance yourself.

As for resources, I sent out resources just as I GOT resources. I helped plenty of people the same way that I was helped.. the same way everyone got helped...

Thank you for that.... I am grateful... and if you guys "need" anything - don't be afraid to ask... Like that pesky Gaul needs to be catapulted....

Enjoy yourself, Have fun.. and no hard feelings... and I am sorry for stepping on so many feet on the way out.
Subject Author Posted

An Open Letter to CFTRAVIAN

Juhldalor June 25, 2008 04:49PM

OK. Goodbye. n/t

Balrahd(VIP) June 26, 2008 06:53AM

So, I guess that makes me in part responsible for your decision

ExPaladin(VIP) June 26, 2008 02:18AM

Re: An Open Letter to CFTRAVIAN

mblackthorne June 25, 2008 05:13PM

What if the person that came to the dance said they didn't want to win?

Java June 25, 2008 05:17PM

Re: What if the person that came to the dance said they didn't want to win?

mblackthorne June 25, 2008 08:38PM

That makes me think of the Seinfeld when George became smart from abstaining~

ExPaladin(VIP) June 26, 2008 02:30AM

Its a game..

Java June 25, 2008 05:04PM

LOL...

Jib June 25, 2008 05:00PM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 128
Record Number of Users: 5 November 04, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 358 August 31, 2022