Str/Giant Warrior vs Dex Warriors

March 12, 2016 08:52AM
Since the general consensus is that Str warriors and sword specs are of a bygone era, and Dex is the only way to go, I want to get down to why? Is it more than just the two stats, or are there are other more important factors at play? Because if it is just stats, a giant mace spec should be a wrecking ball in a world of dexy warriors with boneshatter and dent giving BIG -dex. Also, is it because people are now trying to play dumb giant sword warriors as the passive machines that dexy warriors are, but they both could be viable if played appropriate to their strengths?

Dex Sword Warriors Pros: Great Dodge, Florentine is dex based(speculated), Riposte is dex based(speculated), Forced to wield light weapons which increases parry chance (see parry helpfile), Int based legacy choices

Cons: VERY gear dependent to cover stat loss, low hp

Str/Giant Sword Warrior Pros: Big Flurry, Parry skill is Size or Strength based (from wiki defenses FAQ), Wield heavy weapons for more/harder hits, Large Size, giant resist and Bash

Cons: Can't dodge shit, slow learning, gonna get owned by STSF because of INT difference

What other factors are out there or is it purely which stat is most important?
Subject Author Posted

Str/Giant Warrior vs Dex Warriors

Spronti March 12, 2016 08:52AM

STSF is the biggest factor in this for me.

Rhyaldrin March 12, 2016 03:44PM

The biggest indicator that STSF is broke re: dark-elf/elf warriors is to see how many choose the legacy.

Sam March 12, 2016 08:31PM

I believe they said last year on a facebook trivia question that it was the most common legacy taken.

Rhyaldrin March 12, 2016 08:59PM

Striking/Flow is just the default for elves. Like Autumn/Gates for svirf. It's not broken, it's just how legacies are.~

ibuki March 12, 2016 08:51PM

Why even have 2 legacy choices for those races then? Why not just make it part of the class? You're setting newbs up for failure any other way. NT

Sam March 13, 2016 01:39AM

Yeah it's a known fact new players have never gotten legacies. n/t

jalim March 13, 2016 03:01AM

Nice deflection. No, as you know, I meant newbs don't know STSF is a must for elves/d-elves so they are losing out. NT

Sam March 13, 2016 08:11PM

Flourintine and riposte being dex-based is imm-confirmed, not speculations (n/t)

Kstatida March 12, 2016 12:36PM

Dex sword: Forced to wield light weapons which DECREASES parry chance. (n/t)

Calion March 12, 2016 10:55AM

Not enough apparently. (n/t)

Rhyaldrin March 12, 2016 02:43PM

Doesn't matter tho

daurwyn(VIP) March 12, 2016 11:26AM

Funnyone is not the general consensus. Check your sources. Giant warriors are very viable. n/t

jalim March 12, 2016 10:27AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 79
Record Number of Users: 5 November 04, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 358 August 31, 2022