Mostly.

February 01, 2017 02:12PM
Anything can pair with water forms. On avg they are kinda hit or miss but given the right forms to balance them and the right player/situation and nearly all of them can be quite powerful. They certainly aren't as powerful on avg as they should be since they're water locked, ie, most can't go on land but each can be nice.

If you're interested in exploring I'd suggest Water Major and Defense minor or simply hope for something like Sea Snake in second from top tier. Shark, Eel, Manta, Walrus, Lobster, Orca, Dolphin, Squid and any of the top tier defense forms can handle a lot of situations using gills and flee/heal tactics. Not to mention, you can track a ton of tough mobs to water or swamp rooms.

The above order is also my order of favorites. I can tell you that Orca, Dolphin, and Squid are meat to dex or STSF builds on avg. Lobster and Walrus have pretty fair damage redux and are amphib, so they're more versatile. Manta and Eel both dodge like mad, superior to Dolphin and land more hits and more painful hits. Shark, imo, is the king of water forms with one big exception being that it has lag on the swimto that the other forms don't have but it by far out damages any other forms out there and can eat dex and STSF builds with only moderate prep. There was a Nexun some time ago, Guargoux, that posted some fights he had with it.

Last bit I'd like to offer is that if you don't get forms you're happy with at first, give it time, get the feel for them. This may mean several hours of time to fully understand what you can do with it. I know from experience, different forms grow on you.
Subject Author Posted

thinking of trying a water shifter, what 1st tier form should I hope for?

uerlante February 01, 2017 05:16AM

My dream set of forms is Walrus/Eel, but I never got to play it when I played. That's what i would want, with sea snake as a third tier for regen.

Gaplemo February 02, 2017 02:04AM

Mostly.

SomeOneSpecial February 01, 2017 02:12PM

Nevermind, I'm still backward with 4th vs. 1st tier... Manta sucks, anything else. (n/t)

laearrist February 01, 2017 06:15AM

Ah it doesn't matter anything is fine

Kstatida February 01, 2017 05:27AM

Russia must really suk

uerlante February 01, 2017 07:33AM

Re: Russia must really suk

Kstatida February 01, 2017 08:25AM

Russia sucks, confirmed. (n/t)

Frosty February 01, 2017 08:45AM

Fake news

Kstatida February 01, 2017 08:59AM

I guess if you like

uerlante February 01, 2017 09:02AM

What's wrong with track suits, vodka, and potatoes? (n/t)

MiyagiYojimbo February 02, 2017 02:05PM

And krocodile, don't forget krocodile. :) (n/t)

Frosty February 01, 2017 09:06AM

I say cheap diseased hookers are much better

Kstatida February 01, 2017 09:05AM

shark/eel are pretty nice imo. (n/t)

Nurok February 01, 2017 05:25AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 87
Record Number of Users: 5 November 04, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 358 August 31, 2022