Play a simple, reliable build other than paladin.

April 13, 2017 09:30PM
Long ago you said, after playing Drasdan, that you liked simple, reliable, autopilot-ish builds and that's why air/offense appealed to you.
I also like simple, reliable builds so I can focus on role rather than tactics. FWIW, I remembered your words after I decided to phase out bards as my favorite class, and I chose double utility and...
It's funny to think that, you didn't like to fight Kowelu but you were (indirectly) the one who shaped the build of that character.

Try felar util/util shifter, you might enjoy it.
Outlander, perhaps. Outties need all the help they can get.

As for a role... Mage roles are commonly written as "I was this and that but then I discovered spontaneous talent and it changed my life/created conflict in my family/guild/homestead and I didn't want to stop trying out my magic despite the elders forbidding me/nobody wanting to teach me more, so I went away to adventure and do as I please".

It's commonly used in fiction too:
[www.youtube.com]

Also, take a mundane profession that your char had before he discovered shapeshifting ability, and spin your mannerisms around that profession.

Then go burn some villages.
Subject Author Posted

What to play next...

Welverin April 13, 2017 06:39AM

Play a simple, reliable build other than paladin.

Murphy April 13, 2017 09:30PM

I've played a couple shifters that I really liked.

Welverin April 15, 2017 07:25AM

Answers

Murphy April 15, 2017 08:20AM

Felar is ugly

Kstatida April 15, 2017 08:11AM

Re: I've played a couple shifters that I really liked.

saagkri April 15, 2017 07:37AM

Also, best thing about shapeshifters is forms are impervious to things like thieves, grappleweapon, melkartha, etc. (n/t)

Murphy April 14, 2017 10:40AM

Try something unusual

Kstatida April 13, 2017 07:22AM

So, assassin basically? Or badass staff-spec friar? (n/t)

Murphy April 13, 2017 09:03PM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 92
Record Number of Users: 5 November 04, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 358 August 31, 2022