chaotic ethos and guilds

June 23, 2017 08:18PM
How do chaotic characters deal with the orderliness and formality of guilds and the training/practicing routine? Guilds are, by definition, ways of structuring skills and knowledge. Help 2870 defines a guild as "a formal association". It later says most are informal, but I think its just an odd juxtaposition of words in order to highlight the differences within the Thieves' Guild.

I would imagine the majority of chaotic characters would be very stubborn or flat-out refuse to work with guildmasters who, in their perspective, are trying to hold them back or slow them down. I could be lacking some knowledge of game mechanics here, but I don't think there is any path towards character development that does not require a character to subordinate themselves to a guildmaster. So, I'm curious how players have dealt with this unavoidable element in gameplay in their chaotic characters? Or is this just one of those things we have to ignore, at least for now, to play the game? Adding some alternative path to skill development and training would be interesting, though.
Subject Author Posted

chaotic ethos and guilds

wjdenny June 23, 2017 08:18PM

Re: chaotic ethos and guilds

ekvilibr June 25, 2017 08:20AM

You're delusional

Kstatida June 24, 2017 08:22AM

If you wanted to RP this way -

wishore June 24, 2017 05:50AM

Re: If you wanted to RP this way -

wjdenny June 25, 2017 03:20PM

jhyrbian June 23, 2017 08:22PM

wjdenny June 25, 2017 03:24PM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 105
Record Number of Users: 5 November 04, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 358 August 31, 2022