Rebuttal

July 13, 2017 06:35PM
Matrik

Cute answer though. Thumbs up.

What kills me is that you seem to be fairly intelligent,

Thanks.

but quite obviously hard-headed and suffer from obnoxious dillusions of grandeur.

People disagreeing with you doesn't mean they have delusions or are hard headed. We might have different opinions or it might be above your head. I don't really see anything that happens on these forums as a good enough metric to judge someone's intelligence. Stevers is the most genius person I've ever met, and go take a look at his posts.

• You seem to be the only one with the right answers. How to fix the game, etc., etc. Hail Matrik, Savior of CF is the vibe you seem to portray. Hence the delusions of grandeur.

You enjoy exploring. Probably RP too. Some people like to PK and could care less about either of the things you like. This does not give you some kind of moral high ground in the argument. Also I guess you learned Stevers is a genius IC.

I'm not certain why you think I'm taking a moral high ground. I'm taking the side of the administration because they created the game I play. I love PK, just because I don't powergame to win at PK doesn't mean I don't enjoy it. PK and specifically the way it is structured in CF is absolutely necessary to the unique experience that is CF. I even count the power gaming PK machines as integral. I absolutely love Shaapa for what he adds to the game as a hunter/killer. I loved Kstat's goblin, both RP and PK efficiency. Ahtieli is one of my favorite characters I've ever played along side as enemy.

• All that powerful gear/preps you hate are a key component of PK. Someone like Glik who most would have a hard on to gank down, can compete against those odds with those things. He is also a key RP component, being the super badass Emperor of Thera. In outfit gear without the preps, the Emperor of Thera would have a hard time fulfilling his role.

I can tell you for a fact that coming to this MUD as a newbie and knowing no one OOC, you WILL NOT compete in any sense in pk.

Incorrect. I played for at least five years before I ever went to even the official forums. I competed just fine in PK, though admittedly at the time RP was not so heavily enforced, piles of gear were happened upon walking down the street, and you were lucky to get a 1v1. Yes, I got curb stomped by 3 man gank squads, but sometimes I'd get a chance to fight someone on even ground and I did just fine. We have also had recent newbies that did just fine in PK, though I can't say whether they had OOC help or not. Your fact is not a fact.

•. It's not 5 years ago, which seems to be the basis of your argument.

How do you ask IC about things you don't even know exist? Most of you are at a minimum 5 year vets and how no real recollection of what it is to know nothing. And I would bet >80% of you had at least one OOC contact when you started.

No OOC contact. One of the things that drew me to CF at the time was how much shit was behind the veil. When I play games I'm a heavy power gamer and hit the numbers super hard. You don't want to see how obsessed I get over builds in the Souls genre. CF had enough secrecy over things as basic as stats, that I could forget that and play to the theme. That has slowly gone away over the years, much to my chagrin, but that's the direction staff wanted to take it.

Do I think all that crap should be posted? Nah, I don't really care either way honestly. But you won't keep new players in the current state of things.

I don't really care either, but that last part is where I take issue. Our most prolific cheaters (Torak for instance) have always loved beating the newbie drum. Some people may be sincere, like you I suspect, but the argument just doesn't hold water in terms of area Explore information. Mechanics information is available and almost everything one would need area/item wise is/can be available. New players don't need Hell maps.

•. These dungeon areas should not be public, for sure. But he'll, putting low level limited gear on item search/maps would be a great help to a new player. It's doesn't have to be an all or nothing, you keep mentioning hell maps when a new player has no need to even know He'll exists.

This has been proven over the last decade I'm sure. People have left and have not been replaced, though in my short time here I have seen at least 3 (I can remember) newbs roll up on CF.

It kept me around. On the other hand, joining the forums and getting involved socially with other players did more to harm my joy of CF than anything else ever has. Learning just how thoroughly people cheat and flout the spirit of the game really sucked for me. It's such a grand idea with grand potential to be ruined by people hungry for a score on a scoreboard that hold no real world value.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2017 06:37PM by Brujah.
Subject Author Posted

How to help the POOR Newbies! : Challenge

Matrik July 12, 2017 01:31PM

Re: How to help the POOR Newbies! : Challenge

regreath July 13, 2017 06:58PM

It will help them learn to regearth. (n/t)

MiyagiYojimbo July 13, 2017 10:31PM

Nope. You can learn in outfit gear.

Matrik July 13, 2017 07:05PM

Do you worship Marx? (n/t)

Zheeser July 13, 2017 01:18PM

That's gonna help zero when I run into that outfit gear guy with Aura/shield (n/t)

Brujah July 12, 2017 10:57PM

You need a catcher's mitt just like Kstat. So don't use aura/shield.

Matrik July 13, 2017 12:05AM

Re: You need a catcher's mitt just like Kstat. So don't use aura/shield.

Brujah July 13, 2017 04:28AM

Re: You need a catcher's mitt just like Kstat. So don't use aura/shield.

Matrik July 13, 2017 08:38AM

Rebuttal

Brujah July 13, 2017 06:35PM

Re: Rebuttal

Matrik July 13, 2017 07:00PM

Re: Rebuttal

Brujah July 13, 2017 10:19PM

Dude I hardly think level 30 swords are high end ooc knowledge (n/t)

wishore July 12, 2017 01:40PM

Sun Blades OP (n/t)

subov July 12, 2017 03:38PM

You're a numbskull, so I'll edit to dumb it down for you. (n/t)

Matrik July 12, 2017 01:41PM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 106
Record Number of Users: 5 November 04, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 358 August 31, 2022