It's nice to see new areas get added to the game, but I think the IMMs need to address something that is on all of our minds

July 19, 2017 11:00AM
You've just made your delivery to Candi, and now you're on your way back to Hamsah to visit ol' Abdul the Armorer. As you cross the inappropriately named Cliffs of Insanity, a hazy image begins to emerge on the horizon. Drawing nearer, you realize you are at the Hamsah Docks. Full of joyous emotion, you start barking orders at your crew: "Swab the bilge aft! Keel the nautical carbuncles! Windward jib, ahoy! All astronomers to the starboard! Poop deck poop deck!" As you finish doggy paddling your partially-finished raft to the dock, you instruct your non-existent crew to enjoy themselves (but watchout they don't catch the salty scurvy from some wenches). The salty, wooden air of sea docks fills your nose with splinters and salt. Ahh, refreshing.

I want you to ask yourself how frequently you get to experience this sensation. It is, without a doubt, the only reason some of us even play CF. What are the IMMs doing to enhance our in game experience? Sure they're revamping old areas to make them more interactive and fleshed out. Yes they seem to be interacting with players now more than ever. Of course they are colluding with each other to keep a select few in power and being totally unfair to everyone else (more on this July 14th, 2018). With all of this in mind, it's easy to forget what truly matters. The IMMs have been systematically clouding your mind so that you will not remember what it is that brought you to CF in the first place: Docks.

If the IMMs really care about us, as players, there need to be more docks in game. I think there should be a dock in every major area of Thera, but I will settle for just one dock per city. Imagine roaming the outer walls of Tir Talath, the markets of Hillcrest, the sands of the Sands, or even the top of Moudrilar's Monastery and being able to tie your partially-finished log raft to a large wooden post at the end of a brand new dock.

Reasons to add docks in game:
- You can have the nice, salty atmosphere where ever you are -- even in places that aren't near the ocean
- You can tell your crew to get rough and rowdy, but to be careful of sexually transmitted diseases
- More opportunities to use the word "wench"
- More places to buy rafts from (maybe too OP for orcs?)
- Great place to watch the sunset
- Adds incentive for people to use CF's fishing mechanics
- More opportunities for pirates to battle naval officers
- Could create a dock-based cabal
- Where there's docks, you know there's rocks
- Creates jobs for the NPCs that will build the docks

Reasons not to add docks in game:
- Immortal Collusion (sounds like a good rap name, but it is actually a very serious issue)
- Not creative enough to code more docks
- Might take awhile to reach the perfect ratio of 1 dock per 1 player
- Nep would abuse them

After doing a bit of research, I have found that docks are beautiful. I've included some of my findings below.

pls respond

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/19/2017 11:01AM by Stevers.
Subject Author Posted

It's nice to see new areas get added to the game, but I think the IMMs need to address something that is on all of our minds

Stevers July 19, 2017 11:00AM

Is it safe for this guy to be around children? (n/t)

Zheeser July 21, 2017 09:41AM

I think what you're missing is..

istirith July 21, 2017 10:59AM

For many years

Kstatida July 21, 2017 11:36AM

This is such a silly argument.

MiyagiYojimbo July 22, 2017 12:06AM

What inconsistencies?

Kstatida July 22, 2017 06:11AM

Exactly.

istirith July 21, 2017 01:11PM

Are you

Rodriguez July 20, 2017 11:33AM

Rodriguez, my friend, I am but a carrot boy 12 years of age n/t

Stevers July 21, 2017 08:30PM

RL has been sapping my time, but I finally finished the Feanwyyn ranger guild revamp.

MiyagiYojimbo July 20, 2017 06:52AM

Truly exceptional. If this were implemented, I would finally have motivation to roll a ranger. n/t

Stevers July 20, 2017 10:45AM

Misinfo, guildguard is on the 1st floor.

Kstatida July 20, 2017 07:49AM

That moment when you realize..

istirith July 20, 2017 07:19AM

This (n/t)

Kstatida July 19, 2017 11:53PM

Re: It's nice to see new areas get added to the game, but I think the IMMs need to address something that is on all of our minds

Ultec July 19, 2017 06:38PM

I like that he's holding carrots. What's up doc? (n/t)

Frosty July 19, 2017 04:46PM

I wish I was this creative (n/t)

Quas July 19, 2017 04:28PM

How many hours did you waste creating this nonsense? You could have been wasting your time playing CF n/t

twistedvoid July 19, 2017 01:59PM

Creating with no point just for the sake of fucking with your eyes does not take much time

Kstatida July 19, 2017 11:55PM

No point? When you going to buy that mitt? (n/t)

Matrik July 20, 2017 06:24AM

You can't fuck with my eyes, Matrik

Kstatida July 20, 2017 07:47AM

The only things wasting my time are posts by dock-blockers like you. n/t

Stevers July 19, 2017 06:16PM

How dare you blaspheme the master works of the Stevers (n/t)

Matrik July 19, 2017 02:15PM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 101
Record Number of Users: 5 November 04, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 358 August 31, 2022