I feel like PK is second to RP in CF.

December 05, 2017 07:18PM
But 10 years ago, I could have said the opposite. 10 years ago or even 5, you use to get rewarded for player killing. Most recently, it's more about roleplaying and adventuring. Content doesn't necessarily have to be focused around new areas, it can also be focused around class changes, new classes, new races and so on. Think of it as expansions or add ons to the base game. Edges did that, new areas did that, new classes, class revamps to have more viability, cabal shifts and so forth. If the game was all about PK, why would there exist a place specifically for RP, the Eternal Star.

When people have long lived characters, and talk about their adventures, there might be a line about you were tough, or I seemed to have your number in PK, but what stands out most is, "I really loved interacting with you, your character was awesome and well thought out" In what I feel is in the majority of PBF's. Right now CF I feel is in a state of retention and not so much a state of advertising and recruiting new players. Once the game retains people more often, then the small gains here and there will be more meaningful, how to do this is figuring out the hard part because even with such a limited playerbase, there are people who play the game for different reasons.

Playing the game how you enjoy it is what makes it great, but some people enjoy PK, some enjoy RP, and some enjoy exploration. How this would be good is if instead of punishing for one thing or another, you build on the enjoyment of these points that CF does best. Reward players who enjoy PK and perhaps do it well like throw in a bit of con when they see someone reckless but enjoying their character. People who like to explore and share information, give them benefits to doing that i.e, gnome warrior wants to be a dragon slayer, he slays black and red dragon, then midnight and red-gold, give him dragonslayer edge for free instead of making him pay for it when there's only a specific benefit he'd be limited too. RP well, and enjoy doing it, maybe give/show ways they can RP better.

Punishing players for something they enjoy will not keep players and while there are a few power houses who rock at PK, they got penalized when EP stopped counting for them for when they were killers who distended. They penalized explorers and observers, people who enjoyed going around and finding new things about old places, which I still do to this day. Make it enjoyable and enhance the fun, don't punish is all I'm saying.
Subject Author Posted

to increase cabal wars.

ellokraine December 04, 2017 08:16PM

I don't think Dynamics of cabals are a problem...

BlkDrgn December 05, 2017 07:18AM

Question: What builds PB then?

ellokraine December 05, 2017 06:55PM

There's a good principle in game design

Kstatida December 06, 2017 04:37AM

I feel like PK is second to RP in CF.

BlkDrgn December 05, 2017 07:18PM

^ This is good (n/t)

Kstatida December 06, 2017 12:05AM

I do think Entrophy is a bit of a waste

Kez December 04, 2017 09:16PM

Ancient Stuff

ellokraine December 05, 2017 07:09PM

It is totally filling the void Nexas created when it was removed.

jalim December 05, 2017 01:23AM

I'm with you. Mynext mage goes Entropy

Kstatida December 05, 2017 03:04AM

Matrik always says "Hello Team." Nice try at new handle nerd. (n/t)

Matrik December 04, 2017 08:31PM

Hello, Team!

Kstatida December 05, 2017 04:16AM

Maybe if I were smarter and a little less handsome I could pass for Matrik. Alas! Poor Ello! We knew him well. n/t

ellokraine December 04, 2017 09:23PM

lol (n/t)

Matrik December 05, 2017 06:15AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 81
Record Number of Users: 5 November 04, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 358 August 31, 2022