to increase cabal wars.

December 04, 2017 08:16PM
Hello Team. I wanted to find out if anyone felt the way that I did and would like to see a marked increase in cabal wars. I think the imms are already trying to do us a solid by offering edge points from counter raids. But what I see is either one cabal being very dominant at any given time or our low playerbase spread so thin that there aren't enough players to go round for the cabals.

When I started playing it seemed like there was cabal balance. Just about every cabal (save Herald) had a balancing cabal. Village/ Masters, Arbiter/ (old) entropy, Empire/ Knights. Through evolution and without bad intent I think that has gone away. There is no true mage cabal that mages want to play so no one balances village. Entropy is mostly empty, and since it is limited to chaotic and does not have powers (that I know of) to deal with the village in any way, it is not the anti village cabal. There is no true balance for scarab, if Fort / Maran is the balance for Empire. There is no true balance for Entropy if Outlander is the balance for Tribunal.

Would anyone else be interested in seeing CF go to 4 cabals for a while? There would be a few ways to do this.

1. Cut right now to Outlander/ Tribunal/ Fort/ Empire. Honestly, this is where most people are anyway. You have an order and a chaos cabal as well as a good and evil cabal. Because of limits on who can play outlander Empire would have to go back to putting thieves and assassins in blades and reopen arcane sect. That way you could have evil conjurors. In reality we see so much cooperation between fortlander and empire/ tribunal anyway this seems logical. This approach would have the least coding changes I think.

2. Use 4 other cabals we have now or three and bring one back. Maybe village/ masters with outlander/ tribunal. Now you have a cabal that takes all combos of non-mage, all of mage, all or order, and most of non-order. Conjurers again lose out with the outlanders. This gives deathblow heads their fix. Slightly more coding but if the masters coding is still there then let the scourge of the violet spider rain down on you fools.

3. Come up with 4 cabals that are themed to balance each other in some way. This will require the most imagination and most coding.

I know there will be downsides. If Empire goes away (again) I will cry. The few Scarabites we have are generally superior role players. The Heralds give people an apolitical cabal with excellent roleplay chances and has produced some amazing characters. If Village goes away no one will have 850 damage rounds. People get the blues.

I am not looking to denigrate one cabal or the other or even really debate the merits of the various cabals (yet). I just want to find out if you (the playerbase) are interested enough in an increase in cabal wars to sacrifice some depth and richness of the many carried cabals to see increased population in 4 cabals and increased cabal wars. Thank you for your insight.

If enough folks are interested we can move on to a debate on options 1/2/3 and if we can come to any kind of consensus then maybe we can put this to the imms. If not, then shout me down.
Subject Author Posted

to increase cabal wars.

ellokraine December 04, 2017 08:16PM

I don't think Dynamics of cabals are a problem...

BlkDrgn December 05, 2017 07:18AM

Question: What builds PB then?

ellokraine December 05, 2017 06:55PM

There's a good principle in game design

Kstatida December 06, 2017 04:37AM

I feel like PK is second to RP in CF.

BlkDrgn December 05, 2017 07:18PM

^ This is good (n/t)

Kstatida December 06, 2017 12:05AM

I do think Entrophy is a bit of a waste

Kez December 04, 2017 09:16PM

Ancient Stuff

ellokraine December 05, 2017 07:09PM

It is totally filling the void Nexas created when it was removed.

jalim December 05, 2017 01:23AM

I'm with you. Mynext mage goes Entropy

Kstatida December 05, 2017 03:04AM

Matrik always says "Hello Team." Nice try at new handle nerd. (n/t)

Matrik December 04, 2017 08:31PM

Hello, Team!

Kstatida December 05, 2017 04:16AM

Maybe if I were smarter and a little less handsome I could pass for Matrik. Alas! Poor Ello! We knew him well. n/t

ellokraine December 04, 2017 09:23PM

lol (n/t)

Matrik December 05, 2017 06:15AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 121
Record Number of Users: 5 November 04, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 358 August 31, 2022