The Player's Opinion Matters

December 05, 2017 07:09AM
Hello Team,

I would like to discuss this post from the official forum for Carrion Fields.

[forums.carrionfields.com]

Please stop focusing on what the immortals want to see out of you and instead focus on what the players would enjoy more. The 50 imm-exp you will get for obeying Umiron's draconian and asinine opinions is not worth the detriment to this precious game. Instead of asking what you can do to tickle immortal balls, please ask what you can do to make the game better for everyone. I've brought the question here to give you an example of what it is like to be a worth while human.

Team. What are the player's opinions on not only good descriptions, but ones you would actually read?

As an example, here is my answer:

1. No longer than 5-8 LINES long. That is not sentences. 5-8 lines that extend somewhere close to the maximum right-side margin. Why? Because I'm busy trying to survive in a deadly roleplay environment where I can be obliterated at any moment. I'm spamming where, who, checking my supplies, figuring out my next move... I don't have time to read your four fucking paragraphs of garbage.

2. Don't be a stickler for the dumb rules of "it should be true whenever I look at you." That rule is impossible to follow. Is your description EVER how you look immediately after eatting fifteen fireballs from a high level invoker? No, your description would have to be "mass of burnt flesh with a disgusting smell" to be accurate at that time. Instead, use those lines to describe something useful about your character. I don't even give a fuck about your blue eyes. Tell me that you limp or have a scar. You wear nothing but blue and dance to a tune as you walk. This shit tells me something about your character I can use. Let's me know something about WHO your character is. Brown hair, blue eyes, big tits, and purple lip stick tells me nothing about your character.

3. Fuck rule 1 and 2. Write a description that you will be satisfied with when you look at yourself. Your character only exists in your head.

Sportsmanship killed CF

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2017 07:10AM by Matrik.
Subject Author Posted

The Player's Opinion Matters

Matrik December 05, 2017 07:09AM

Copying Ello? There must be a glitch in the Matrik...nt

ellokraine December 05, 2017 06:36PM

Negative. The Matrik is perfect. (n/t)

Matrik December 06, 2017 08:11AM

I try to read them all.

regreath December 05, 2017 05:45PM

I totally read descriptions. All the important parts...

laearrist December 05, 2017 12:51PM

Re: The Player's Opinion Matters

Kez December 05, 2017 11:27AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 93
Record Number of Users: 5 November 04, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 358 August 31, 2022