Re: Outlander Noob

March 06, 2018 12:39PM
1. Any, but neutral tends to be the most widely liked. I think people like having beast call and feral rage a lot.

2. NO COINS! But really if you use some early on it's no big deal. Some people use the transaction from a civillized to non in their role. Not everyone is born an outlander. But once you get serious about it then yes you need to ditch coins completely and stop bartering with city merchants(though some might argue that). You can barter almost anything for food, it's really easy once you get the hang of it. Also there's unlimited bread in a basket in the goblin place above the violet woodlands.

3. Farmable teleport potions in galadon sewer(shimmering blue potion) you'll need water breathing to get and in a desk 1 floor up in High Tower of Sorcery is green potion for teleport. I think it's okay to barter for return potions in HToS as well, but don't barter with the talisman mob there, it's a necro. Seriously pick up everything you see and barter with it. There's often stuff on eastern road from criminals walking down killing the guards. Lots of places people level that leave gear on the ground like monks monastery or azurmaine mages.

Outlander is freakin' awesome. You can kill your cabalmates if they piss you off. ;) Some people disagree with this, but IMO once you get the hang of the no coins and no city merchants it gets really easy. Remember the flickering gem in the campfire near woodelf place is worth a heal heal, and there ARE healers outside of cities, like the one in the weald. The bad "healing" potions from the mausoleum are worth a heal heal as well and very very light.

I almost forgot. I think if you pledge now you get the harvest skill so you don't have to worry as much about food. Not 100% sure but I think I recall things like that being added for pledges.
Subject Author Posted

Outlander Noob

Kez March 06, 2018 12:19PM

Thanks all. I was going to go Evil Mage but never even thought about the ranking aspect. (n/t)

Kez March 07, 2018 03:55PM

it's not impossible. just...tough.

The Forsaken(VIP) March 08, 2018 04:44AM

Go evil mage.

Matrik March 07, 2018 04:54PM

Cool thanks. Meet at Tahren? (n/t)

Kez March 07, 2018 05:17PM

Perfect! (n/t)

Matrik March 07, 2018 05:24PM

Just go reaver ranger

Kstatida March 07, 2018 04:53AM

Re: Outlander Noob

Frosty March 06, 2018 12:39PM

replies

The Forsaken(VIP) March 06, 2018 12:29PM

Note: be wary of steaks on the ground. Remember orcs get butcher, and their steaks will poison others.

Frosty March 06, 2018 12:43PM

also, don't use mercs. duh.

The Forsaken(VIP) March 06, 2018 12:33PM

You can rank with Battle as an Outlander. (n/t)

wrathpuppet March 06, 2018 01:52PM

sure, but battle only solo ranks these days

The Forsaken(VIP) March 06, 2018 05:14PM

Seems like most people do. (n/t)

Matrik March 07, 2018 03:57AM

Gotta get them skills up bra! (n/t)

Frosty March 06, 2018 05:34PM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 78
Record Number of Users: 5 November 04, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 358 August 31, 2022