Line spacing in the mud

March 23, 2019 06:35AM
So... I was able to play from my laptop for a few hours not so long ago, and I went from getting slaughtered in every fight to winning them all, simply from having aliases in most fights and a decent keyboard for the rest.

Which convinced me that my method of playing from my mobile really is hugely handicapping. For example, I can never quaff a teleport portion because it's too long an action to type before being re-engaged, and I basically can't run unless it is in a straight line. And even then trying to run East or West often find me doubling back on myself without meaning to, because e and w are next to each other on my tiny tiny keyboard.

So I downloaded a different mud client for my phone. It seems pretty decent in that it had buttons to move around (albeit hard to see on the screen) and you can preprogram buttons which takes a while but then is as good as an alias, I think.

The problem is that every line of text from the mud has about 3 or 4 blank lines between it, messing I miss half the information and the flow of text is many times faster than normal. Is the mud itself sending something that causes this, which I can tell the mud not to?

Otherwise I'm pretty screwed in pk. I think I'm about 0 and 10 using my phone and 5 and 0 using my laptop. And don't get me started on the mob deaths where I accidentally run into mobs and then be into them while trying to move away.
Subject Author Posted

Line spacing in the mud

daurwyn March 23, 2019 06:35AM

I suggest you don't play

Kstatida March 23, 2019 10:33PM

Who the fuck are you?

jalim March 24, 2019 03:58AM

It's much worse than that (n/t)

Kstatida March 24, 2019 08:19AM

Gais, chill out and don't judge. You especially, Kit-kat. (n/t)

Frosty March 24, 2019 08:50AM

Stop what? (n/t)

Kstatida March 24, 2019 11:22AM

I'm not getting get into a monty python skit with you. (n/t)

Frosty March 24, 2019 11:26AM

I think 'compact' is the command to remove the blank line between prompts. Otherwise you could try 'telnetga', but no idea if it will help. (n/t)

Calion March 23, 2019 07:28AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 124
Record Number of Users: 5 November 04, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 358 August 31, 2022