CF is boring to me, has anyone experienced this?

December 13, 2007 10:58AM
I explain why.
You can have fun when explore, ranking, RP or PK there.

Explore. In majority of trips you should be Hero and better if you have some groupmates. Otherwise you either can not survive in that place or could not get that nice looking shinie.

So, to explore you need to rank to Hero and gather some group .

Ranking. For me and majority of others fun ranking is when you are in group. So you need to find some group again.

RP. In most cases its just occasional moments. You can not tell someone "Hail, lets meet and make some good RP?". Sometimes you have interesting talk, or meeting or storytelling in the Inn or such.

PK. Unless you are vet and wish to win you need to prepare, especially for those, who playing mage-classes like me. Lets make some short list: enlarge/reduce, aura/stoneskin/shield (just basic set, no protection or barrier or resist elements), fly, potion of recall, some coins. Nothing extraordinary.

So, to summarize, to gain fun you should find groupmates or go get some preps. While it can be easy for those, who plays in long sessions few times in a week, for those like me, who play short sessions often its problem.

I login, wait doing nothing in my guild till someone suitable for group comes. Then we should seek third. Then second says "Oh, mind wanders shortly" and we wait. Then third is get killed and leaves and we find another. Then that another says "I must get some item, wait please". So, much time wasted for waiting for groupmates and waiting when they finish their businesses.

I am not...eh...exaggerating really. Some times I wait/waste 20-40-60-120 minutes before actually start to learn. And if I play 2 nights in a week its fine. But if I play 10 times by 2 hours it is not.

And latest times I just login, type who pk, try to make some group and I had failed. Either group leader chose wrong area and died twice there, then my groupmates were attacked, then I waited huge time, so I did nothing interesting and wasted several hours of time.

About PK. Mages can not PK till 40. Average mages I mean, Yhorian, dont even argue here :P
And before PK you need to go here and there and gather all that set of preps, which is not fun at all.

And that is why CF became boring for me and I left it to MUD where max players online - 4, but you can rank some and just go explore alone and you would be able to kill some monsters and gather some gear and you dont need to gather set of preps for PK because there are no really preps in that world.

Is that only my experience or someone feels it the same way?
Subject Author Posted

CF is boring to me, has anyone experienced this?

dervish December 13, 2007 10:58AM

Play Halo. nt

jhyrbian December 14, 2007 10:58AM

Yes. You've just completely mastered and outgrown it. n/t

uli December 13, 2007 09:48PM

Do what I do.

cointreau December 13, 2007 04:54PM

Re: CF is boring to me, has anyone experienced this?

Bryan December 13, 2007 02:46PM

I feel the same way.. play on nolimyn.com:9998 while you idle on CF :) ~

Japherwocky December 13, 2007 02:25PM

I am there actually :) nt

dervish December 13, 2007 10:45PM

Just some devils advocate for discussion

Rogue December 13, 2007 02:01PM

I'd try taking Rogue's advice. You seem to imagine a lot of your problems.

Yhorian(VIP) December 13, 2007 11:49PM

I like stone skin that plagues and damns me too, rogue.

Scrimbul December 13, 2007 03:20PM

Dont be a jackass scrimbul

Rogue December 13, 2007 03:52PM

What misinfo? follow your own advice and stop making your default mood = irate. nt

Scrimbul December 13, 2007 06:05PM

Good post

daurwyn(VIP) December 13, 2007 03:05PM

Well as far as exploring goes

kazrael December 13, 2007 11:33AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 78
Record Number of Users: 5 November 04, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 358 August 31, 2022