Re: Lowbie EQ Wiki questions (1-20)

December 14, 2007 08:54AM
Scrimbul
Will there be a board at some point to discuss the wiki in particular and what should go there? While I personally am not going to write any actual guides, is anyone allowed to put anything they want in there following the rules or would it be better off to put a guide through a few revisions on the main board before adding it?

Not sure what you mean by that last part, but you can add questions to the bottom of any wiki page. I've had the odd little conversation with someone donating information/thanking for additions. And when the conversation is done, it's easily wiped clean.

Scrimbul
I have an idea what areas I want to scan and ID in but I could use suggestions on areas to search

Seaport (although looks like that's been searched pretty well), Arkham crypts, troglodyte caves, udgaardian plains, upper cragstone (svirf/gnome only gear), voralian city (great gear in shops) and the Bazaar (easily bought upgraded re-gear gear) are all good places to search.

Scrimbul
Should ghost-runs and disarm gear be the norm?

I'd say no on ghost-runs. If this becomes a common tactic for any good piece of eq, it will be nerfed, as has happened with many of the more popular ghost runs (which have had ghost-barriers put in place). Disarmable mobs have to be within about 8 levels of the player, otherwise the chance to disarm tails off so badly it's not worth trying (your level, versus the level of the wielder is checked for disarm to stop you disarming amazingly awesome mobs easily). Using a disarm skill like hook or strip works well, but other mobs you should likely have a chance to kill if you want to mention them. The disarm-run trick is just a way on not having to spend 30 minutes whittling the mob down.

Scrimbul
Should weapon material be listed?

Definetly.

Scrimbul
Should sub-par (under avg 14) weapons be added for their attack types in the hopes that enough +dam will make them viable?

Remember, we're not adding in elite gear. For regear, a low average but nice attack weapon is great.

Scrimbul
Should svs para/mental gear be listed at all?

I'd guess no, but it might be a good idea to add this under a 'hero regear page' or something.

Scrimbul
I've neglected to add copper values to some shop items but maybe they need it, as well as IDing to see what is useful. Should I add the copper values of the other items for bartering purposes since they are missing from nearly all the IDs?

Could be handy, if it's shop bought, to know how much you'll need for it. For bartering purposes - I'd say no. Let people figure out what they want to barter with, there are so many options that different people have developed different preferences and it all rolls into part of your basic survival skills. We can hand-hold people all the way into power, but in cases like this is benefits them far more if they figure out themselves what is good for bartering, and what's not.

Scrimbul
Ideally, I think the ranking EQ should not only encompass a wide variety of options, but it should also be PK viable. Thus adding weaponry and saves gear goes towards that department, and bards need a few common instruments to at least match the repertoire

We're a bit short on good instruments in the wiki, go for it. Saves and shtuff would be extremely handy. What I originally tried to get was one piece of 'warrior' style gear and one piece of 'mage' style gear for each slot, on both regear lists. If we can get some svs and good stat options for each slot, that'd immediately double the usefulness of the regear list - and at the same time encourage less plodding and more active thinking from those using it to regear. Do you want to throw in that +1 str -5 svs neckwear, or hold out so you can get those extra +20 hps? That sort of thing.

Scrimbul
Some of the Bazzaar gear warrants listing, but you'd need a valuable but otherwise practically worthless piece of gear, which pretty much limits you to random race-specific stuff.

Not sure I understand what you mean, I'm affraid. The gear there does need listing, but that's easier said than done. Firstly it's expensive, secondly their stock is completely random. But if we keep getting ID's donated we'll get there eventually.

Scrimbul
Basic PK preps such as flight, detect invis and whatnot are still far better off being explored for right?

Posting preps that aren't bought in shops is against the rules. I don't think there's much call for listing shopkeepers in the regear list, people can learn these basics from other sources. And it might be healthier for them to, than rely entirely on the Wiki. Spoon feeding doesn't encourage a lot of creative thinking, exploration or innovation. And when that spoon is wrong, this can lead to a lot of frustration. This is why I don't take anything from the forums as gospel until I've tested it myself.

Scrimbul
Should I bother listing +mana and +con (+2 etc.) or should conjurers and rot victims be left to look for these things themselves the same as I'm thinking for para/mental?

List them, if they're significantly good. +con is useful at low levels, not all of us get by without dying once :p And +mana is not just for conjurers either!

Thanks for your help, don't forget to throw your name into the credits at the bottom page if you feel your contribution was large enough. People'll know who to thank then.

Yhorian
Subject Author Posted

Lowbie EQ Wiki questions (1-20)

Scrimbul December 14, 2007 08:30AM

Valg and I talked about item lists a year or so back.

DurNominator(VIP) December 15, 2007 09:06PM

Phase 1 complete, see notes and comment here or change it yourself nt

Scrimbul December 14, 2007 04:53PM

Re: Lowbie EQ Wiki questions (1-20)

Yhorian(VIP) December 14, 2007 08:54AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 72
Record Number of Users: 5 November 04, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 358 August 31, 2022