Re: Bloodthirst: Can anyone provide tips/a relative guide?

December 15, 2007 09:03AM
>>So i'm curious about when/which situations/what to watch out for when using bloodthirst. Any tips would be appreciated, as I have never played a Villager and have no real idea as to how to best utilize this power. It seems very dangerous, not being able to tell how hurt you are, and I am unsure if it is even worth taking the berserker path.

Well basic times to use thirst.

1.) when your trying to deny someone an opening hit such as against bards/thieves/necros/ so on and so forth.
2.) When your up shit creek without a paddle, might as well thirst you might get lucky.
3.) When you need the benifits from haste to stand toe to toe with someone such as a very well prepped opponent.
4.) When fighting invokers, you get area spell spellbane, as a side note don't use this tactic unless your same level or higher then the invoker otherwise don't expect to bane anything.
5.) When your fighting through maledictions, while your thirsting you won't be affected by them, also you will save as if you had full con.
6.) to wait out things like rot, while thirsting you don't keep taking con loss from rot.
7.) when your out of mv's you essentially have infitine mv while thirsting but when you come down you can be in negatives.

I mean there are plenty of times to use thirst. The things you gotta watch out for though.

1.) mobs, mobs, mobs, you get lagged everytime you autoattack things so moving around with dash isn't a bad Idea.
2.) Your hitting everyone and if your enemy is gonna word/teleport you need to get somewhere to rest of fatugue they won't get at you, the village is not the best place always.
3.) don't thirst the first couple of times you fight someone if you can reasonbly escape even if your winning. You need to get a feel for how much of a difference thirst will make, it is far from the I WIN button a lot of people think it is. Gauge your opponent and time your thirsting efforts.

As for the critical hit questions

1.) Critical does slightly more damage then a normal hit.
2.) Critical cuts through all spell protection (cept elemental immunities from voker shields)
3.) Critical only partially cuts through physical resists (giant resist, shapeshifter form natural dam redux)
Subject Author Posted

Bloodthirst: Can anyone provide tips/a relative guide?

zen December 14, 2007 05:54PM

pintose December 15, 2007 09:03AM

Critical seems to cut through dodge and evasion too.

DurNominator(VIP) December 15, 2007 08:47PM

critical is not evade/deflect/distortable

pintose December 16, 2007 04:45AM

Bryan December 14, 2007 08:02PM

Want haste, lag reduction, and more deathblows?

xenoroyal December 14, 2007 07:43PM

Along these lines, critical hit

highly_evolved December 14, 2007 06:26PM

Re: Along these lines, critical hit

Bryan December 14, 2007 08:13PM

Nah, that's my experience too. You need to hit hard normally to make use of it. nt

Yhorian(VIP) December 15, 2007 12:12AM

I'm not so sure of that. It did more damage than backhand for me

ExPaladin(VIP) December 15, 2007 01:28AM

There is a multiplier. 1.25 or 1.2 or 1.1, no much, but something for sure. nt

laearrist December 15, 2007 04:38AM

It's easy.

cointreau December 14, 2007 06:02PM

The way I always looked at it was, 'am I probably going to die? Might as well thirst then'

Sam December 14, 2007 06:14PM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 86
Record Number of Users: 5 November 04, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 358 August 31, 2022