As a chronic character deleter...

December 22, 2007 06:50AM
I just keep playing until I realize that I'm not really having fun. I try to avoid characters that aren't much fun.

As far as longevity goes, I try to set some goals for myself:

#1 Get to hero. This can take anywhere from 40-150 hours typically. Getting there can be fun, but tedious.
#2 Have an RP goal to accomplish on your own. Typically, I think of mine by level 20 or so and don't put it into full-gear until I reach goal #1. But then, I tend to powerrank.
#3 Involve others in your RP, even if it slightly changes the goal. No woman is an island unto herself. There are other players in CF and, as a whole, many of them just kinda refuse to RP with one another. Sure, you might have a conversation every now and then, but when was the last time you RP'd an exploratory quest with others? (i.e. Help me find my family!)
#4 Set up personal challenges for yourself. What was your previous best PK ratio, and can you beat it? How many hours can you go without dying?
#5 If worse comes to worse and you're dreadfully bored but you can't quite motivate yourself to type delete/delete, try a complete change of pace. Put into motion something no one has done before. Try to get your drow turned goodly and join the Fortress. Try to get your felar turned into a shaman. People learn and grow, so you could make this viable from an RP perspective. *Note* This is VERY hard to do, though, and expect it to take a long, long time.
Subject Author Posted

How do you guys manage to keep playing your characters?

Krilcov December 21, 2007 11:06PM

As a chronic character deleter...

wildgirl December 22, 2007 06:50AM

A simple role, that is fun to play. And not giving up on it for at least 300 hours. nt

Yhorian(VIP) December 22, 2007 02:26AM

Never delete just quit and let your characters auto

ExPaladin(VIP) December 22, 2007 01:41AM

also good advice for quitting the game. txt

Isildur(VIP) December 22, 2007 08:54AM

Re: How do you guys manage to keep playing your characters?

patick December 22, 2007 12:08AM

Well, sort of but...

deriveh December 22, 2007 12:02AM

Yeah, I regreted about "quick deletions" a few times

dervish December 22, 2007 01:01AM

Actually sounds like good advice. Thanks. ~

Krilcov December 22, 2007 12:25AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 115
Record Number of Users: 5 November 04, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 358 August 31, 2022