I like them.

December 31, 2007 08:46AM
Yhorian and Daurwyn have it summed up. But if you don't get the blackjack skill, or to a lesser extent ko poison, you're in for a rough time trying to take advantage of most of it.

Death Strike and Strike on the abandoned are meh skills. There's not a whole lot of ways to exploit these that you'll otherwise not end up lagged or outdamaged to death without going into cabal raids, and in the situations where these will become critical your opponents will have damage redux anyway.

Earclap is awesome. Even for it's short duration, most mages (if you're not stupid enough to attack a shielded voker alone or jack a prepped muter before he starts reprepping) cannot escape your grasp if you start with this, and combined with grapple you can even remove a muter's staff before it becomes a threat. I killed one of Jhyrb's muters this way on accident, at the time I only wanted to steal his barrier rods but he had an out of range bard around and wanted a fight. Sometimes it's hard to keep slippery people around for you to two round them or otherwise unload inhuman amounts of damage, parting block and occasionally earclap help you to do this.

That being said, there's lots of classes/combinations thug thief is terrible against, most notably those that binder thief can probably kill more efficiently (but less often).

Separate, like pull or drive, does not help against conjurer servitors or nightwalkers.
Subject Author Posted

Thug thief skills...

TheProphet December 31, 2007 07:08AM

I like them.

Scrimbul December 31, 2007 08:46AM

Based on my hero thug

daurwyn(VIP) December 31, 2007 07:55AM

My rundown of the sub-class...

Yhorian(VIP) December 31, 2007 07:39AM

Thanks for the feedback you three... but another question if you will...

TheProphet December 31, 2007 08:57AM

Look up Ritur's PBF. He gained extra thief points, went all the way in Thug and a bit in another. nt

Yhorian(VIP) January 01, 2008 03:42AM

I personally have not rolled enough thieves to experiment with true hybrids.

Scrimbul December 31, 2007 10:17AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 78
Record Number of Users: 5 November 04, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 358 August 31, 2022