Call me petty, but...

January 01, 2008 01:40PM
I honestly lately find myself more concerned about crushing, and rubbing it in the face, the guy that most recently one-upped me (killed me in a cheap and frustrating way, ganked me, stole from me, stole my ranking group, refused to rank with me etc.) and helping the new people as well as returning veterans, get reacclimated to the game...

Than I am about the capitalization of my tank letting me rank my non-tank, or the inane barely readable chatter of my two exp-sponges following my tanky char around while I do the damage and watch for the enemies.

Part of this, Pro, is that I don't play cabals as often as other people do. I'm not always interested in sticking my neck out in front of roving gangs that there's a decent chance both people in the 2v1 are better than me skill-wise, no matter if they are grouped legit or not.

That being said, it also means I probably am not having as many problems as you are making heads or tails of what's being said because it honestly doesn't matter to me. If we get attacked and I don't have an obvious, overwhelming advantage against our attacker(s) or 100% HP, I'm going to quaff my potion and say 'Sorry you died. Let's get you some gear and find a more obscure ranking area.' Sometimes getting the gear takes too long and we never get back to ranking. Other times, the better PKer in the group and I decide that the person who attacked us needs to die and be full-sacced before we can even get a decent amount of EXP this session and set about trying to gang him down with limited success because a roving PKer that sees any group of players that isn't a ranking group won't stay for a fight he didn't start. In either case, I'm pretty sure the better players I'm grouped with want me around even if my presence didn't directly earn them gear or edges.

I also am not concerned about keeping a long-term camraderie with characters IC that you are. Honestly, it's not worth the trouble if you're evil. I pander to the characters that mutually benefit with my abilities, pander even more to the ones that I don't need actively hunting me down solo or in groups, and otherwise keep to myself.

All these things contribute to communication not being all that important. Call me shallow if you want since I dislike having to show for every single little poke at my outer guardian, and shallow for refusing to deal another person's playtimes (usually leader or immortal) to make MY playing experience fun, and ultimately shallow for finding the parts of the game with real 'depth' just way too big a time sink to get to, such as getting loads of imm exp because I was merely lucky like Niheriva to be around at the right times killing the right people and looking cool while doing it.

If half the game is too much work, and the other half doesn't involve me learning your life story, why should I spend my time nitpicking over your punctuation unless it means either a) You're not coming to follow me, sit down and shut up or b) We're not killing the same powerful dude in our PK either to take his gear for ourselves or deny him a set of gear period?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2008 01:43PM by Scrimbul.
Subject Author Posted

Rehash. What is it so many of you have with communicating effectively?

Pro January 01, 2008 10:38AM

too busy pwning you to bother with proper grahmur ho ho nt

pintose January 03, 2008 11:30AM

Re: Rehash. What is it so many of you have with communicating effectively?

Graham January 02, 2008 09:01AM

Closing this, it's mostly just Pro posting again, and again, and again. Le yawn. nt

Yhorian(VIP) January 01, 2008 03:51PM

Pro does not now or ever

Pro January 01, 2008 02:25PM

Bullshit. ~

Krilcov January 02, 2008 01:53AM

Never have. In fact just the opposite.

Pro January 02, 2008 04:38AM

Stop being silly. n/t

alansmithee January 01, 2008 01:52PM

Call me petty, but...

Scrimbul January 01, 2008 01:40PM

I am going to reveal you big secret, prepare...

dervish January 01, 2008 11:38AM

I know, and I wish

Pro January 01, 2008 12:01PM

And I wish peace in all the world, big pile of money and all such

dervish January 01, 2008 12:08PM

Re: And I wish peace in all the world, big pile of money and all such

istirith January 02, 2008 07:08AM

I give you exibit A.

Pro January 01, 2008 12:25PM

Ok, I don't want to get into a pedantic war but

daurwyn(VIP) January 01, 2008 12:41PM

Your point?

Pro January 01, 2008 01:13PM

I thought I'd made my point

daurwyn(VIP) January 01, 2008 01:30PM

That actually assuages me somewhat.

Pro January 01, 2008 01:46PM

Mate, I sometimes wonder if you've even learned English. Let alone realise what it is to accomplish TWO languages.

Yhorian(VIP) January 01, 2008 12:37PM

Sorry, what is the relevance?

Pro January 01, 2008 01:17PM

Put another way, if I've mastered three languages - Finnish, Polish, and German I probably still couldn't read a menu in Mexico city

ExPaladin(VIP) January 02, 2008 11:04AM

If my mastery of the English language was better.

Pro January 02, 2008 03:51PM

Re: Rehash. What is it so many of you have with communicating effectively?

daurwyn(VIP) January 01, 2008 11:28AM

Most people double Cap the first letter once in a while.

Pro January 01, 2008 11:58AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 72
Record Number of Users: 5 November 04, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 358 August 31, 2022