I'd go for a giant mace/sword spec.

January 13, 2008 10:27PM
Giant over dwarf because of giant resist and extra strength. The dwarfs hp and resistances makes it superior versus mages and bards, so maybe consider the playing field you're aiming for before making a final decision. Dwarven roleplay tends to be superior to a giants (it's simply more fun abusing Scottish Dwarf Syndrome) so that might play into your decision. There's also Ysaloerye's religion to try out if you want to go the hardcore dwarven path.

Between drum and flurry, you'll have a high damage skill for every situation. Boneshatter will handle those annoying evasive characters, and the sword spec will give you defense as well as offense. Take chilling and crashing for legacies - auto-disarm will be handy for piercing defenses you haven't already fucked with boneshatter and deflect shield. Drum also has the added advantage of lagging for 2+ rounds when you hit a 5 shot one, letting you get off 2 drums before your opponents next command (or in the highly unlikely event you get two five hit drums, 6 rounds!!!). With some edge-love, you should have able to get bleeding stacked onto an opponent too for damage over time and lower regen.

Yhorian
Subject Author Posted

What would your build be for most straight up damage from a Rager Warrior?

happyorb January 13, 2008 10:16PM

Having attempted this exact thing, axe/mace...

Treebeard January 14, 2008 07:07AM

You can't tank unless you thirst. Rolled this combo myself recently.

Sam January 14, 2008 06:36PM

I'd go for a giant mace/sword spec.

Yhorian(VIP) January 13, 2008 10:27PM

Might want to give axe/hand a consideration.

ExPaladin(VIP) January 14, 2008 12:56AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 128
Record Number of Users: 5 November 04, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 358 August 31, 2022