Re: This is your lucky day. txt

February 24, 2008 06:42PM
Isildur
You get to answer all my bard questions.

1. Which offensive songs will affect a slept target *without* waking him? (Battaglia? Languid Carol? Elegy of Tears? Laborious Lament? Fantasia of Illusion? Symphonic Echoes? Dirge of Solitude?)

The ones that definetly won't work on sleeping victims are dirge of solitude, riddle of revelation and any of the direct damage songs. For this reason, carry a fog or faerie fire staff at all times.

Isildur
2. Of the songs that affect (but don't wake) a sleeping target, do any of them *not* provide a success or failure echo?

They all provide some sort of success echo. Some provide 'resist' echoes.

Isildur
3. What are the approximate effects of Languid Carol and Laborious Lament at hero (assume decent instrument in a neutral repertoire)?

About -12 on both. Like an awesome boneshatter. This can go as high as -14 on both, which was my regular with tragedic reportoire.

Isildur
4. I seem to recall that Fantasia of Illusion nukes cabal powers. That true?

Yes. No called powers will work while under the Fantasia, as you can't sense your cabal item under it's influence. Some automatic ones still work, and the affects from ones applied before fantasia remain. However, for things like villagers which have short duration powers anyway this can be an awesome killer. I had the 'longer resistance' villager edge, and even with a thick veil my resistance only lasted 12-14 hours. This could go down to about 6-8 hours on a bad day, and both are easily outlasted by Fantasia done with a good reportoire.

Enjoy!

Yhorian
Subject Author Posted

Just curious about bards

Zoder February 24, 2008 02:45PM

Deafens someone to all communication. They can still talk, but can't hear. nt

Yhorian(VIP) February 24, 2008 03:38PM

This is your lucky day. txt

Isildur(VIP) February 24, 2008 06:21PM

Re: This is your lucky day. txt

Yhorian(VIP) February 24, 2008 06:42PM

I could be wrong about this...

_Magus_ February 25, 2008 11:45AM

That's correct, whether it works or not there is no echo on sleeping victims. ~

Krilcov February 26, 2008 01:44AM

Re: Deafens someone to all communication. They can still talk, but can't hear. nt

Zoder February 24, 2008 04:06PM

Unless you get the edge that actually deafens them when it's used, yes. They can. nt

Yhorian(VIP) February 24, 2008 04:13PM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 107
Record Number of Users: 5 November 04, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 358 August 31, 2022