I'd be careful about assuming any other class will be easier.

December 08, 2007 05:23PM
We breed a certain kind of killer here on CF, and everyone has PK on the brain 24/7. This doesn't mean we don't have our elite rpers, the brilliant thing about having no open ooc channel or character-player ties is that we get some of the best rpers on the Net. But it means all the classes will have a distinct disadvantage that you'll want to learn to cover FAST because everyone and their mum will be trying to abuse it to kill you :P

If you haven't learned to gather gold yet, do. Because buying preps is a necessity for any character. Although your prep needs do vary with class you'll be burning gold on them no matter what. I'd recommend playing a healer if you want something prepless, but be prepared not to kill a single thing your entire career :D Healers are also excellent for exploring but you'd have to choose a role that didn't restrict you too heavily in terms of allies (no evil outlander healers, for example).

I highly recommend getting Caballed. In fact, a Fortress Healer would likely be a great trip for you. The Acolyte roleplay means it's okay to suck at killing, it'll teach you the ropes and give you an idea of what the game is like at high levels. Dynamics are constantly changing as you rise through the ranks and something you might have missed is that Warriors are good for newbies because they're one of the only classes that is strong at ANY rank. They are also highly sought after for rank-gaining purposes.

The other thing I'd recommend is playing a ranger. They combine melee, self-healing and stealth for a very strong fighter combo. They are limited to the Wilderness but are great explore characters. If you can get over the 30-34 ranking hump that many fail at, at lvl 35 wilderness familiarity will see you to hero in no time flat! Empowerment characters require a good in-game knowledge to begin with and are by no means easy for any newbie to use.

You're doing alright from what I saw. The fact you killed anyone speaks plenty about your inherent skills. What you'll find improves your game more than anything is:

A) Being able to run. Far. And fast. Escape!
B) Knowing WHEN to run. If you're clearly getting your ass beat, don't hang about 2 rounds to see if things change. Fucking RUN NOW.
C) Knowing when to stop running and where to hide. If you're injured, don't go running through a city or down the eastern road. You're asking for an ass-beating then.
D) Learning not to fight fights that you didn't start. Because chances are, they're ready and your not. There is never a good reason to fight unprepared if you've been jumped.

Take care, and enjoy yourself. Never forget that return/teleport potion!

Yhorian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2007 05:26PM by yhorian.
Subject Author Posted

Oh.. how I hate..

abedour December 08, 2007 04:01PM

Re: Oh.. how I hate..

jad_hoven December 10, 2007 11:56AM

Re: Oh.. how I hate..

daurwyn(VIP) December 09, 2007 12:57AM

I'd be careful about assuming any other class will be easier.

Yhorian(VIP) December 08, 2007 05:23PM

Dunno about the run if you don't get first hit

elmeri December 10, 2007 02:23PM

I disagree with some of the thoughts, but on the whole, he makes some sense.

Sam December 08, 2007 05:31PM

And about Empowerment, only one thing, pick an active IMM.

Sam December 08, 2007 04:14PM

Active and willing, are two good criteria

torak December 09, 2007 06:48AM

Assassin is a badass type of char. Being new, and being from where you are from...

Sam December 08, 2007 04:11PM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 100
Record Number of Users: 5 November 04, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 358 August 31, 2022