Oh.. how I hate..

December 08, 2007 04:01PM
I've learned so much over the last two weeks it's crazy. Only because players are willing to stop, and show me around, explain things to me, and actually give me a reason to stay!

Lately, I've been getting ganked non-stop. Some assassin sees me fighting some warrior, and decides to jump in. Some druid sees me fighting some warrior, jumps in. Some necromancer sees me fighting some conjurer, jumps in. Two assassins decide to have a hayday with a naked me!

I guess I just ranked up a bit TOO far for my tastes. I'm very good (imho) with muds, but this one far drops below my expectations. I guess it's just how I played other muds and the length of time I played them. But, by and by, I'll be deleting my current project and making something else. But, that something else I don't know what.

Obvious: Warriors suck as a newbie class. Everyone takes advantage of the fact that you need to (most of the time) rely on potions, or other groups to keep you alive (if you're a newbie. Don't get me wrong, I've read some logs of warriors kicking some serious ass at 51.)

Obvious: I suck with Warriors. Always have, always will.

Not-so-obvious: I've ALWAYS loved to play communers, but here, the empowerment kind of throws me off. I'm still confused as to how I'm supposed to confront the imms and at what level, and if it should be in character, through a note, or even through email. I think I could do well with a communer, (paladin, maybe. Or even a shaman..I dunno.) Could I get some insight on this, PLEASEEE!!! I'd just like to know how others are empowered and how I should try to go about it. I consider myself an excellent RPer.

Not-so-obvious: Rogues? Hybrids? I've played my share on other muds, and I thought I did pretty well.. but for a beginner on another mud? I don't know if that's such a good idea..

Obvious: I'm a newbie! God help me get into this game I so want to get good at..
Subject Author Posted

Oh.. how I hate..

abedour December 08, 2007 04:01PM

Re: Oh.. how I hate..

jad_hoven December 10, 2007 11:56AM

Re: Oh.. how I hate..

daurwyn(VIP) December 09, 2007 12:57AM

I'd be careful about assuming any other class will be easier.

Yhorian(VIP) December 08, 2007 05:23PM

Dunno about the run if you don't get first hit

elmeri December 10, 2007 02:23PM

I disagree with some of the thoughts, but on the whole, he makes some sense.

Sam December 08, 2007 05:31PM

And about Empowerment, only one thing, pick an active IMM.

Sam December 08, 2007 04:14PM

Active and willing, are two good criteria

torak December 09, 2007 06:48AM

Assassin is a badass type of char. Being new, and being from where you are from...

Sam December 08, 2007 04:11PM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 121
Record Number of Users: 5 November 04, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 358 August 31, 2022