I agree

December 01, 2010 07:16PM
For example, as a paladin against much weaker opponents, you can afford to spend time throwing a few weaker skills at them. Also, sometimes playing dead works well - if you're an enlarged shield pally with the right virtues, bash may not be very effective on you, but if the opponent is an enlarged duergar you don't wanna scare him away right away, so you sort of maledict him a little, soften him up a bit, maybe not do something occasionally for a few rounds on end to give him the impression that his bashing is really raping you. Then, when he hits gushing, swap to your wrath weapon and spam away. If he spams one command too many, he's fucked.

Some skillful shifter players do this as well. I remember encountering some shifters (scions in particular, who had oodles upon oodles of hp to spare for this shit) who would start off in their weaker forms with a few useful maledicts, and then swap to offensive forms later to rape. I recall Kharnial in particular, who would even come at his opponents without barrier to lull them into thinking they had a chance, and then after camelspit he would swap over to tiger and spend what remained of his 1600 hp eating your face off and pouncing when you ran..

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2010 07:19PM by vortex_magus.
Subject Author Posted

How often would you say it's worth "psyching" out your opponent in PK

Rade December 01, 2010 07:29AM

All the time with Paladins or classes with little lag. Never with classes that can lag. n/t

jalim December 01, 2010 11:42AM

This, unless facing people who have ridiculous dam redux. n/t

Death_Claw December 01, 2010 11:48AM

I agree

vortex_magus December 01, 2010 07:16PM

Re: How often would you say it's worth "psyching" out your opponent in PK

qurdind December 01, 2010 08:00AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 102
Record Number of Users: 5 November 04, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 358 August 31, 2022