Dunestalker: Seasonal Summer Race Idea

February 07, 2013 08:57PM
Dunestalker:
Despite the myths surrounding their creation, Dunestalkers do not hail from the plane of fire
though distant ancestors did and were able to remain permanently on this plane of existence.
Because of this distant connection to a foreign plane Dunestalkers cannot channel the power
of the Gods and are unable to join any of the empowering guilds. They do, however, have an
affinity for fire and aversion to water that reflects in the guilds of conjurer and invoker.

Dunestalkers prefer dry climates, the dryer the better, so much so that they have a strong
aversion to water and easily drown. Their solitary existences in the desert make them very
sensitive to sound providing a form of sonic vision and are able to track prey with ease and
are very hard to suprise and have their sight denied them. This sensitivity can cause them
to suffer more from loud noises from Bards, thunder, and the deafening howls of enemies.

Dunestalkers can go for long periods without drinking water due to their dry skin that resists
being cut. They also bleed less than other races but also heal more slowly.

Dunestalkers average eight feet in height and have slight muscular builds. Their skin is the
color of the sand from whichever desert they inhabit. Their eyes are a milky white with no
visible pupil.

Though Dunestalkers do not actually have a 'Kiss of Death' (as witnesses probably saw
them 'scanning' a victims face up close before breaking their neck) they can emit a strong
focused shout that can force prey from hiding though the effort means they can only do so
infrequently.

Str: 23
Int: 23
Wis: 18
Dex: 18
Con: 18
Chr: 12

total stat points 116 which is towards the bottom race wise.

Classes: Anti-Paladin (Possibly too much?), Conjurer, Invoker, Necromancer, Ranger, Transmuter, Warrior

Vulnerable Water to the point they cannot go underwater willingly. Morale decreases dramatically when traveling over it.

Vulnerable Sonic so some bard songs that cause raw sonic damage are more potent as well as caverndwellers deafening howl.
and such attacks cause a blindness like effect.

resistant to slashing because of their dry leathery skin however not resistant to blunt and piercing.

resistant to heat/fire (Not vulnerable to cold as deserts can get very cold at night)

Able to go extended periods without drinking water.

Rangers cannot be Mariner or Marshdweller, Perhaps only bedouin for terrain, perfect tralking/stalking due to sonic 'vision'

sonic 'vision' makes them hard to sneak up on, ambushes and other sneak attacks are more likely to fail.

Can't be fully blinded due to sonic abilities but do suffer from partial blindness like bards/caverndwellers

due to heritage from plane of fire conjurers and invokers are attuned to that plane but cannot summon/follow water.

NO kiss of death, but perhaps a sonic attack of some kind.

Immune to dirt kicking and any other debris based attacks to their eyesight.

--Quezzumpliet

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2013 09:04PM by quezzumpliet.
Subject Author Posted

Current Racial Hole: High str + int

MudDud February 07, 2013 12:14PM

Ents? nt

Isildur(VIP) February 08, 2013 04:40AM

I'd kinda thought of these with my super limited knowledge, but...

MudDud February 08, 2013 04:49AM

Dunestalker: Seasonal Summer Race Idea

quezzumpliet February 07, 2013 08:57PM

A bit of tweaking.

Bendak February 08, 2013 08:40AM

I like this a LOT

MudDud February 08, 2013 02:49AM

Morloch from "Mordor: Depths of Dejenol" would be perfect for what you want iirc. (n/t)

Matrik February 07, 2013 07:24PM

one of my favorite games of all time, wondered if anyone else had it (n/t)

Zheeser February 08, 2013 09:21AM

Yep! It's pretty incredible even compared to modern games.

Matrik February 08, 2013 09:53AM

Mort and I went for the other racial hole, high con + int with the luminars design.

DurNominator(VIP) February 07, 2013 07:08PM

Here are possibilities:

Bendak February 07, 2013 05:49PM

So...a few clarifications...

MudDud February 07, 2013 05:16PM

Re: Current Racial Hole: High str + int

Startyre February 07, 2013 05:07PM

Here's what I could see.

Jerrokrar February 07, 2013 01:13PM

One additional: Have super low charisma to offset any slight imbalances in stat total.

Jerrokrar February 07, 2013 01:14PM

Also give them a really low luck stat.

RobDarken February 07, 2013 01:31PM

High morale helps skill increases. It's how I master flurry on fire giants in sub 30 hours. n/t

Jerrokrar February 07, 2013 05:38PM

Make sure they have the opportunity to learn 'improved flee' too. n/t

jalim February 07, 2013 01:48PM

Academy weapon is always a tiny iron dagger. (n/t)

leaf February 07, 2013 02:01PM

I seriously haven't seen that on the mob in years because of this meme (n/t)

valkenar February 07, 2013 03:02PM

I don't even know the mob, have never used the weapon or even seen it in the game. (n/t)

leaf February 07, 2013 03:56PM

Yeah, that race would kick ass.

Java February 07, 2013 01:11PM

No one goes Human for dex builds anyway.

Kez February 07, 2013 01:27PM

Too good for ap nt

daurwyn(VIP) February 07, 2013 12:54PM

So, a human? (n/t)

qurdind February 07, 2013 12:44PM

17 max wis. And 16 max dex (n/t)

demos February 07, 2013 12:44PM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 135
Record Number of Users: 5 November 04, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 358 August 31, 2022