Some spells are automatic in my opinion

May 12, 2008 05:00AM
You have done well in that Bhaer died and Tirka as well.
I see you did not stoneshatter the walrus for much of this fight. Anytime you fight a shifter as a voker, stoneshatter is one of the initial spells. There is an edge available also. You have neglected to use buffet. It is a powerful underused spell against any pc with armies or perma flying pcs (necros, tribs, shifters, marans, sylvans). Possibly buffet one of them out of the inner so he is forced to keep coming in and the full force of the inner hits the remaining person?
Iceneedes is something I would go for if I had one of those two edges, solo. It is generally better in combination with a maledictor. Pillar is much better imho especialy when they have been quicksanded at the inner. The arcing lightning plus immolation could seal a kill. I do not remember offhand the lag for pillar, but if it is more than forked lightning I would switch to the latter once the arcing hits.
Similarly in your place I would immediately immolate any class capable of healing. Immolation often distracts.
Quicksand at the inner with insects? Wow, that seems a dream come true. You just need to web, and pebble to boulder after that.
You used vortex effectively against Tirka, but not against the tribs.
Why use shield of electricity against Tirka, when he is choking you? By default, my greater shield would change for whip/flail specs. Isn't there a shield that prevents choking?
Not trying to be condenscending, maybe you know more than I do, maybe some of this might be helpful. Playing an invoker takes mental stamina :) Keep the logs coming. That is all I have anyway.
P.S. Some forms have vulns.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2008 05:02AM by thebigc.
Subject Author Views Posted

Today's defence - Tribunal and then Scion

LogFiend 738 May 12, 2008 02:30AM

Some spells are automatic in my opinion

thebigc 404 May 12, 2008 05:00AM

Okay, your main problem seems to be complaining instead of accepting and adapting...

Yhorian(VIP) 351 May 12, 2008 02:58AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 97
Record Number of Users: 5 November 04, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 358 August 31, 2022