Hey I gave one a whirl.. annnnd nantel's out

July 02, 2017 10:14AM
Game: still pretty fun. Overall: worst experience ever, through no fault of players or staff.

A few days before I got a message across facebook that made me nostalgic enough to give a character a try, lightning hit the house and fried everything connected by cat5
So, I take the router the isp gave me (my favorite one, of course, was the one fried) annnd nope.. so they come out.. STEAL my antenna (no shit) and give me a new router..
I hate this thing.. probably fine for a household that has a couple of game consoles lap top, tablet, etc.. and nothing else.. but I have 12 wired, 16 wirelsss, and of course the grandkids are here with smartphones. The old one I could do dhcp reservation, and not have to do static by hand .. i.e. when someone new shows up I don't have to go in and configure everything for them to connect, and all the old stuff keeps the same ip's.. this one.. in theory does the same thing.. but it NEVER works. I've been having connection troubles the whole time I've been playing, but today.. it was insane, my fault for typing d;d;s;s;knife phel (i got there when he was coming back to the vanquisher) then a whole pile of you have to stand up to do that.. and delete delete get this.. LITERALLY 4 minutes betwen commands going in. What.. the... hell... So anyway til I sort out what is up with this router (or my comp) or get a new router, I'm done.. but yeah, I have missed this. apparently a bit like a junkie.. if the game crashing when I went to roll up a character wasn't a sign to stay away though, this almost certainly is. -- so while technically off topic.. anyone have any ideas on the connection bit? (it acts like the dns servers intermittently die but I flushed dns cache, etc.. did my best to look for a botnet, but I know they are getting pretty sneaky with those.. can't find anything.. it "should" be functional. - might be hardware.. it was connected by wire at the time of the strike, and the nic card is dead, but the wireless.. well seemed to be fine. everything else works. )
Subject Author Views Posted

Hey I gave one a whirl.. annnnd nantel's out

bajula 1054 July 02, 2017 10:14AM

Re: Hey I gave one a whirl.. annnnd nantel's out

jhyrbian 659 July 02, 2017 10:25AM

bajula 611 July 02, 2017 12:13PM

Maybe help.

Matrik 582 July 02, 2017 01:54PM

hehe Nope.

bajula 606 July 02, 2017 03:21PM

jhyrbian 609 July 02, 2017 01:40PM

bajula 588 July 02, 2017 03:19PM

jhyrbian 615 July 03, 2017 12:32PM

gonna go to OT board.

bajula 586 July 03, 2017 03:22PM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 93
Record Number of Users: 5 November 04, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 358 August 31, 2022