Delzor is done

November 22, 2017 10:35PM
Another Necro for a serial necro player. Surprise surprise. I always enjoy playing them and seeing how I can do different things with them. I had a pretty interesting idea (I thought) about how to approach the concept of Becoming with this character, and I enjoyed talking to several people about it. Two notable ones were Gemmurra and Khruan (?). I had really hoped to play this character uncaballed but my timing was bad. A certain Fire AP had level sat with a certain healer at 40 from my ranks 1-35. I knew that if I did not oath I would be dodging a pretty good player who was on a lot all the time and never be able to get anything done. I did oath but I indicated to a couple people that my heart wasn't in it. I think I said the phrase a few times "it's just nine little words.." I fully expected to become anathema at some point....hopefully after I became a mummy. Well, that didn't happen. I was instructed to kill a certain frost giant. I did have a few levels on him but when you have 818 hp and that cat is hitting for 300-400 per round it makes things very tough. If PWK misses or if sleep misses I had one chance to flee/word. If flee failed or if word failed I was dead. This frosty hit the vanquisher. I tried a PWK. It missed. He fled and returned and hit me. Before I was able to flee/ word I had 54 hp. 54!! Well, he finished the retrieval and I was anathed. Even if I were a quality pkiller I think that would have been a tall order. To make things worse, I walked into a pair of centurions with 125 hp north of Galadon trying to figure out what to do. With this character I had already had 2 deaths in the ghoul tunnels. For whatever reason I kept hitting groups of 2 or 3 ghouls and would buy out before I could even get my guys to rescue me. On this particular night, I had 2 or 3 deaths and never more than 3 zombies. When I got anathed I was thinking that I would be constantly hunted and never get my quest done, which was actually the point of taking the damned oath anyway. I am not mad about it because the roleplay was consistent from the beginning to the end. Like I said, I fully expected to get anathed, I was just hoping for more time.
This was a fun one and thanks to everyone for the good interactions. Sol that tiara was the best thing ever. Bakrmarr it's good to have a consistent evil presence on in light of fortlander almost always being in power during my play times. Cery thanks for the good advice. See you all in the fields.
Subject Author Views Posted

Delzor is done

ellokraine 1079 November 22, 2017 10:35PM

Re: Delzor is done

saagkri 711 November 22, 2017 11:44PM

Re: Delzor is done

ellokraine 738 November 23, 2017 05:09AM

Go to a cursed room and spam word. Make it the first thing you do with every character that gets it. (n/t)

PacMan 632 November 23, 2017 10:49AM

God yes. (n/t)

karnif 552 November 28, 2017 07:50AM

Don't say his name ;) n/t

mharldarn 555 November 28, 2017 09:08AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 87
Record Number of Users: 5 November 04, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 358 August 31, 2022