Here is my fun role...

June 09, 2018 05:18AM
Sucks to waste such a fun role. But in context....
I've wasted literally dozens of roles as good or better over the past 20 years.
I liked how it started with a reference to Olgakar's young fela fueled ephebophilia which I've always thought was a creepy quest for newbies.

role subject Never date a drummer

She was young. And she worshipped her older friend whom she saw as so wise and strong. Her older friend had a foreigner...a human...musician as a beau. This was so exotic! So romantic!

And so when her friend asked her to go on a double date with her and her boyfriend, with one of her boyfriend's musician friends... of course she said yes.

She was too young to know that "musician" is a wild stretch for drummers, a word which she now imbues with all of the disdain she can muster. Which is alot.

role subject Young and dumb.

Of course he was charming. All of those idiot drummers are charming to children. They are children themselves, in maturity. He was funny, if a bit less mature than Ilona herself. And he was worldly, if a bit less intelligent than Ilona herself.

And so they got married. Because kids are stupid. Almost as stupid as drummers.

role subject Tales of glory.

Right away, he regaled her with tales of the glory of his "house" which is what he called his family of degenerates. How historically they were champions of the Light. Standing almost single handedly destroying whole imperial legions.

And it was only curses and lies and unjust accidents that turned his family into poor "musicians"...which is the word he used when he meant drummers and thieves....which is probably redundant.

But he was full of plans. He would one day go to the big city, and learn to use his "art" to fight the Empire and the evil of the Scarab.

And Ilona, being young and stupid, drank it all in.

role subject We are off to see the wizard.

So his uncle, a man so degenerate prostitutes joke about how icky his is, writes to him. He claims to have an in with a wizard in Hamsah who wants an apprentice. This wizard wants to re-build the Warlocks, and fight evil.

Ilona suspects this "letter" was faked. Faking things is what Drummers excel at.

So she supported his decision to dash off to Hamsah, and work towards rebuilding the family name, which was her family now, too...the Glorious Kozoll!

For years, he wrote her constantly. Tales of his apprenticeship. How he was so gifted noone could believe it. He was a celebrity in Hamsah, and regularly ate dinner with the Marshall of the Fortress!

Of course, the costs of living in the Big city were more than expected, and he was expected to pay his own way as an apprentice. And reagents to cast spells were soooo expensive.

And so Ilona worked hard, earning all she could to send to him in the Big City.

role subject The other shoe.

Then the letters stopped. For a year and a half, they stopped. She was worried. She was frightened. She was terrified.

Then she got another letter. From a pimp in Hamsah, demanding back payment from Ilona because her husband had disappeared.

role subject Investigation.

So, she went numb. She saved all she could, and travelled to Hamsah, and started talking to people, asking what they knew about the wonder-kind apprentice.

She got nowhere, until she started showing a painting of her drummer in the seedier part of Hamsah. They knew him there. He owed money there.

It took her a while to piece together what had happened.

He took up with a prostitute the same day he got to Hamsah. Lived with her. Wanted to "save" her. Wanted her to dance for his drumming in a world wide act that would become famous.

He didn't count on her pimp taking umbrage to this, and he was beaten silly, and left penniless and with half of his clothes, on the streets.

Where he continued to live that life, off of the money Ilona could send. Until the combination of STDs he had gotten rotted his brain and he died.

Died in a closet. His STDs making him so stupid he accidentally choked himself to death trying to do some auto-erotic asphyxiation.

role subject Resolve.

This was unacceptable. The education on the world that Ilona received during her investigation opened her eyes to many things of the world, not just about her ill-fated idiot husband. She saw the injustice, the darkness, the dankness.

She saw how her friendliness, her commiseration, her ear, brought rays of light into the darkest corners of Hamsah.

And she saw instances where a quick knife or a quick kick in the pants could bring justice where the downtrodden had given up even dreaming of it.

And so she decided...She was going to make her idiot drummer's lies true.

She would make the family name of the boy who made her a widow a beacon of Light in the darkness...by walking into that darkness....by becoming familiar with it's paths, and seeing the best times to make a difference.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2018 05:38AM by Mjothvitnir.
Subject Author Views Posted

Ilona. Just getting started. *sigh* damnit

Mjothvitnir 1227 June 08, 2018 10:20PM

Here is my fun role...

Mjothvitnir 746 June 09, 2018 05:18AM

I read your role, and still don't understand

Dalbrin 645 June 09, 2018 10:25AM

Yes. I have a bad habit of posting unedited stream of conscious. ..

Mjothvitnir 682 June 10, 2018 02:18PM

Read the other posts in the thread. Understand now. (n/t)

Dalbrin 578 June 09, 2018 10:27AM

I also loved the Carradine reference... (n/t)

Mjothvitnir 575 June 09, 2018 05:26AM

.... huh?

MiyagiYojimbo 696 June 09, 2018 04:30AM

Yeah, I couldn't keep stalking the fire giant, as he was slippery....

Mjothvitnir 723 June 09, 2018 05:12AM

Okay, I see it now.

MiyagiYojimbo 740 June 09, 2018 05:36AM

That was his groupmate, not a fire giant (n/t)

Kstatida 571 June 09, 2018 04:41AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 141
Record Number of Users: 5 November 04, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 358 August 31, 2022