zMud with vbScript

February 28, 2011 09:43AM
So, a couple of weeks ago, I saw that zMud accepts vbScript syntax. I can script the HELL out of some vbScript, but I need a challenge.

One idea:
Look at a person, parse each line for their gear, compare to a database, output their estimated damroll and hitroll and their damage output range. Then, I'd save that to a separate database which displays their info whenever I see their name along with the date when I last looked at them.(example: Rhubarb the Inane -> dam 40, hit 25, EVISC to ***DEMO*** (or a number could go here) | 02/28/11 2:00pm) I'm fairly certain that I could do that without much trouble, but I'd like to add more info about them to be recalled at a later time.

A different but somewhat similar idea, after looking at someone and getting their info, calculate my estimated damage output against them with current gear and whether they'd ultimately have the advantage or not. Then, if I fight them, keep track of their parry/dodge/block rate and mine.

I'd have to roll up a character to take advantage of this, though, and I haven't done that in over a year or two. I suppose I could parse some logs to see if it's viable.

Has anyone tried to do this or see any logic errors that I'm overlooking? Other suggestions are welcome too.
Subject Author Posted

zMud with vbScript

The Baron February 28, 2011 09:43AM

that sounds AMAZING (n/t)

Artificial March 06, 2011 03:10PM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 87
Record Number of Users: 5 November 04, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 358 August 31, 2022