It's gonna get a lot worse

November 29, 2016 03:32PM
due to information propagation proliferation and shortening of the feedback loop.

Pretty much everyone in the first world is exposed to it now, and the degree
of exposure will only increase going forward. At some point, you're nothing but an information
processing node and your worldview, self-model and even reality itself is defined by the
information that flows through you. You think you have any degree of control over
how you deal with this? Not if you stay plugged in.

So sooner rather than later, entire population groups will be dealing with cognitive
dissonance day in/day out since consensus reality will at that point be changing
so fast that it will be as if it has entirely broken down. Cognitive dissonance will lead
to polarization and the shattering of consensus into individual or smaller group 'realities'.

The optimists expect a new, higher order of control to emerge.

The pessimists are doing their best to figure out the feedback loops and information flows.

Finally, the clueless are stockpiling nukes, while letting elections be dictated by Russian troll farms.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2016 03:32PM by zoskia.
Subject Author Posted

I know there's a lot of political angst right now, but I think there's something much more important happening

MiyagiYojimbo November 25, 2016 07:22AM

It's gonna get a lot worse

zoskia November 29, 2016 03:32PM

The problem would go away if more people would begin to use critical thinking skills.

Jib November 30, 2016 09:57AM

Re: The problem would go away if more people would begin to use critical thinking skills.

Kstatida November 30, 2016 10:11AM

Aye. Or, in the infamous words of David St. Hubbins:

Jib November 30, 2016 11:12AM

This is correct (n/t)

Kstatida November 30, 2016 02:16AM

I'm a little confused by that last sentence.

MiyagiYojimbo November 29, 2016 04:31PM

The last one was actually an epitome of cluelessness

Kstatida November 30, 2016 01:50AM

You have to be OT IV to understand. (n/t)

Rhyaldrin November 30, 2016 01:55AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 102
Record Number of Users: 5 November 04, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 358 August 31, 2022