The problem would go away if more people would begin to use critical thinking skills.

Jib
November 30, 2016 09:57AM
You're not a simple conduit if you can use critical thought processes and can also understand that nearly every piece of information provided to you via any type of media arrives with some level of bias attached whether it's intended or not. Most of the smarter people like who are on this forum understand this for the most part I'm sure.

More information is fine, as long as the vast majority of folks are smart enough to not happily gobble up and regurgitate the BS. Of course that's a pipe dream at this point, which probably just reinforces your claim.

My theory is that there will actually be a backlash at some point against the biased media of all forms and that people in general are already becoming more skeptical, despite the ability for BS to propagate and being potentially easier and quicker than ever before. There's a tipping point in the human brain that can only handle so much cognitive dissonance until you want to run away from the source of it completely, and I think that for many of us we've already decided that we've past that point wrt news in general. But it will take some more time for less intelligent or more naive folks to get there.

TLDR: Eventually it will be assumed that, "Oh yeah, of course the news is BS." Which you're starting to hear already. Rinse repeat with any new sort of media that fills in to take its place.
Subject Author Posted

I know there's a lot of political angst right now, but I think there's something much more important happening

MiyagiYojimbo November 25, 2016 07:22AM

It's gonna get a lot worse

zoskia November 29, 2016 03:32PM

The problem would go away if more people would begin to use critical thinking skills.

Jib November 30, 2016 09:57AM

Re: The problem would go away if more people would begin to use critical thinking skills.

Kstatida November 30, 2016 10:11AM

Aye. Or, in the infamous words of David St. Hubbins:

Jib November 30, 2016 11:12AM

This is correct (n/t)

Kstatida November 30, 2016 02:16AM

I'm a little confused by that last sentence.

MiyagiYojimbo November 29, 2016 04:31PM

The last one was actually an epitome of cluelessness

Kstatida November 30, 2016 01:50AM

You have to be OT IV to understand. (n/t)

Rhyaldrin November 30, 2016 01:55AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 98
Record Number of Users: 5 November 04, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 358 August 31, 2022