Meet a liberal day. (the issues only).

May 02, 2017 09:39AM
Since some conservatives wanted to argue the issues, here they are, and why I think you are ruining the country.

Abortion: Nobody likes abortion, but conservative politicians love to divide us on emotional issues. Keep abortion safe and legal, otherwise we have back alley abortions which kill moms. Promote a sex education based on facts instead of christian morality. Teach kids how to have safe sex, and then provide contraception to all women for free. You'll have less abortion, less poverty, and a more productive population of women. All of my position is based on research which I'd be happy to cite. Plenty of states have tried everything and now we have the best solution.

Fiscal responsibility: Government spends too much money, and takes in too little money. People are too goddamn selfish, and taxes are not evil. We should hike taxes on wealthy individuals, and run the government more efficiently. I think we should take a hard look at how much $$ we spend on corporate welfare, and high income welfare (thinking mortgage deduction). If we wanna let capitalism decide winners and losers, then we need to stop funding the losers. However I admit that I don't understand all of the details behind farm subsidies etc. Insurance programs to keep the country running may not be a bad idea. I would need to know more.

Defense: Cut spending dramatically. Use the gifts our research and development has created to run our military more efficiently. Reduce our presence around the world and isolate ourselves from unilateral engagements. Let the world decide together to do shit. Empathize with the folks who hate our guts enough so we understand what the fuck they're blowing us up over and then consider stop doing the shit (occupation, meddling, regime changing) that makes folks hate our guts.

Regulation: Smack the fuck out of wall street, banks, and companies who are abusing their position to fuck over Americans. Regulation is the only way that capitalism can be prevented from annihilating us. Make your shit, sell your shit, but don't be so fucking greedy. Look at helping out small businesses navigate regulations. I'd like to see a better checks and balances system invented. Regulation seems too reactive and shitty and harmful to business newcomers. Some regulations are shitty. Some are not. Again, not a simple problem.

Education: Lots of people in America are lazy and want a fast solution for nothing. Education is the long term investment in the country's future. College has got to be cheaper. For-profit schools need to go away. Public schools need to be improved, and any private religious school who wants tax dollars can go fuck themselves. Any kid who applies themselves should be incentivized with cheap higher education, and quality job opportunities.

Health care: Single payer system - people gotta stop abusing the system and going to the hospital for an MRI and a catscan whenever they get a splinter. Incentivize people who are making the right healthy choices with a smaller contribution. Let algorithms decide where and how to run hospitals.

Environment: We've gotta reduce human population growth (see contraception and sex education), and then we've got to figure out how to conduct a human life without destroying the environment. We've gotta figure out how to replace coal. We've gotta manufacture more efficient houses. We've got to generate more electricity. We've got to replace internal combustion engines with electric motors. We've got to manufacture with less pollution, and we need sustainable resources which we can extract to sustain our energy needs. There's a lot of room for R&D and capitalism to work its magic here.
Subject Author Posted

Meet a liberal day. (the issues only).

physics May 02, 2017 09:39AM

I'll take a crack at it.

Matrik May 02, 2017 12:47PM

Notice how each and every one of your points are about people being shit (n/t)

Kstatida May 02, 2017 10:58AM

I thought you wanted to debate issues?

physics May 02, 2017 12:03PM

Dude, I'm Russian

Kstatida May 02, 2017 11:43PM

Re: Dude, I'm Russian

physics May 03, 2017 03:34AM

Well straying away from discussion, everyone is selfish

Kstatida May 03, 2017 03:39AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 114
Record Number of Users: 5 November 04, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 358 August 31, 2022