hey jhyrbian thanks for the help so far, and anyone who wants to jump in on strange tech problems.. have AT!

July 03, 2017 03:35PM
So controlling the channels.. this stupid router will let me if I leave it on single band, but when I go to dual band it's like nope.. we only allow auto for that. (Pretty much sure I'll be getting my own dslmodem/router and sticking this on in a closet like I did the last one regardless of how this works out.. I kinda want to smash it with a hammer.. it's not rented or anything)

OTHER problem.. so my grand daughter's comp freaked out. (asus laptop) and is constantly sending +++++++++ I even disconnected the keyboard.. she can't get into anything, I flashed the bios, reinstall windows etc.. and still... anyway fresh windows won't work since it doesn't allow + in the characters for username. hehe.. but it isn't a stuck key.. does the same with no keyboard.. took the whole thing apart, and put the hdd into an even older laptop and no go.. not sure what is wrong with that one yet that I have to work around.
so if anyone has any ideas here.. I'd LIKE to get her original comp working again, but getting her something functioning before she goes back to austin might have to do.
I'm kinda getting the idea that the lightning did alot more damage than I originally thought. *pouty face*

Side note to original problem. I'm going to see if the lightning strike jacked up something in the wireless card on mine by using her asus one and maybe that will work.

Updates will follow... I'm going to fiddle about with jhyrbian's suggestions in a little bit, but well the granddaughter takes precedence hehe, hell guys she used to sit in my lap while I was mudding so back in the day when my characters said something with some really strange letters in the words, or when I just went "mindless" fairly often that was her, so some of you owe her for the free kills right? okay who am I kidding, I never could pk my way out of a wet paper sack anyway. :)
Subject Author Posted

hey jhyrbian thanks for the help so far, and anyone who wants to jump in on strange tech problems.. have AT!

bajula July 03, 2017 03:35PM

Re: hey jhyrbian thanks for the help so far, and anyone who wants to jump in on strange tech problems.. have AT!

Death_Claw July 08, 2017 08:29PM

Re: hey jhyrbian thanks for the help so far, and anyone who wants to jump in on strange tech problems.. have AT!

jhyrbian July 03, 2017 05:21PM

RIGHT?!?!

bajula July 03, 2017 06:22PM

Re: RIGHT?!?!

jhyrbian July 03, 2017 06:37PM

bajula July 03, 2017 09:57PM

jhyrbian July 04, 2017 05:49AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 63
Record Number of Users: 5 November 04, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 358 August 31, 2022