You tend to do this, every time I have a discussion with you...

Jib
August 10, 2017 01:12PM
you ignore actual points and words, and instead respond to something that must be in your own head of what I said, not about what I actually wrote. It has to be a language barrier because you seem like a pretty intelligent guy. (It's like I say, "the sky is blue", and you argue that I'm wrong, the sun is very very hot"). I might just call it a case of "I know everything", but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Kstatida
As a sidenote, let's start with the fact there's no such thing as "U.S. bombing military targets". See bombed weddings in Afghanistan, 8-40k civilian casualties when "liberating" Mosul and many many more. You guys don't even have tactical bombers as a class of aircraft. Fucking NO TACTICAL BOMBERS. All your bombers are strategic, check U.S. list of warplanes. This means that you have no tradition of bombing things discriminately with high precision.
My point: "Don't fucking invade NK on foot, it will be bad. We should bomb military targets."
Your response: "US has bombed some civilians, and you have no ability to take out targets tactically." Huh?? So much wtf. The whole thing is just a strawman, I'm not arguing accuracy, nor talking about technique. Maybe you could argue that the US isn't as great as super awesome Russian Tactical Bombers, but that's not even an argument I'm having. Fucking take out their shit from the air. No boots on the ground. And to be honest I'm well fucking aware that the result wouldn't be pretty. If you think the US couldn't do this, well I don't know what Russian cheerios they've been feeding you over there.

Kstatida
Now for your main mistake, somehow you think that the main problem with NK will be the NK. That's dead wrong. Main problem with NK will be Russia and China backing it up (or, more likely, messing up with your effort). Like oops, your drones don't fly, oops, your missiles can't acquire targets, oops, NK heroic divers drown a submarine or two. That's direct WW3 scenario - fuck that shit. You're free to check out the last Korean war, namely [en.wikipedia.org] and [en.wikipedia.org], and if you think that geography has changed since then - I assure you it hasn't.

Tbh, this is a concern, and a separate discussion I would love having. However, I never said that China and Russia are just going to sit out. I just didn't say that. I don't know what they're going to do. Certainly it should be taken into consideration, which I'm sure is being done. Say what you want about Trump, our military are not all idiots, and they collectively certainly know more than you or I could ever know about the situation.

Kstatida
That's a great misconception you have there. Read American Military doctrine (http://www.dtic.mil/doctrine/new_pubs/jp1.pdf), Section B, Chapter 8-b, bullet (3). Threats are not about words, they are about capability. Like Russia has said nothing but peaceful words in the last 25 years, but where are we now? Russia is the Arch-Enemy #1. Why? Because it's the only country that has the CAPABILITY of destroying United States as a nation.
Um.. okay? Firstly, my statement doesn't have anything to do with Russia. Secondly, the capability is the only reason we haven't done anything thus far. It's the only reason that we'd probably not use Nukes. It's the only reason NK can sit there and hurl insults and threats. However, at some point, the capability becomes real, and you have to be very careful not to let that point pass you by. It's a gray area I'm not convinced we've passed, but you could make an argument that it has or is very near. If missiles fly at a trajectory toward Guam (assuming not a false flag), then in my mind, this indicates sure fire capability.

Kstatida
When I say NK is not a threat, I mean that it can't do shit about attacking Russia or China. Care to guess why? Because anti-missile facilities are surrounding it, being in close proximity with ANY of the possible launch facilities. Korean rocket won't fly anywhere farther than 100 km and will never fly out of the Korean territory if Russia or China calculate that it's aimed at them. At the same time, NK whole population is so fucking densely packed on the northern side of peninsula that it can be wiped out in the matter of seconds w/o having the ability to do a single thing about it. We know it, NK knows it - no trouble with NK.
Uh... good for them? I'm not talking about a threat to Russia or China.

Kstatida
You place two Aegis cruisers nearby - and oila, NK can't do shit. Oh wait, you already HAVE those Aegis cruisers there. Because your military officials are not that stupid to forget about it. There we go, NK nuclear program poses no threat to anyone, but w/o it, you can't warmonger. So long story short, I bet Whitehouse and Pentagon are secretly rooting for NK nuclear program. Whether KJU says or doesn't say something changes nothing, because geopolitics are not about words, they're about land and power.

Now, I'm not tremendously versed in military technology, but it's my understanding that you pretty much have to knock an ICBM out in the boost phase, or good luck chuck. Not to mention one thing these recent launches have shown us is that we have no fucking idea where they will be shot from, or how many there are. If they start launching decoys along with them, I don't think we'll get them all. Credible threat? You decide.

Kstatida
See above. As for KJU wants to be friends - the world is not black and white, but instead is many scales of grey. But first of all KJU wants you to FUCK OFF. The Korea is not united because South Korea is occupied by the U.S. Let me remind you the history, after the post-WW2 division of Korea, USSR forces drew out in 1948, U.S. forces are still there (check out [en.wikipedia.org] and ask yourself, why do koreans not like americans?).

If you read what I wrote, I'm aware of the historical timelines here, and I'm very aware of why they don't like us. The reality is that neither myself nor barely anyone who is alive today and not eating their dinner through a straw was around when these seeds were sown. Other than that, you didn't really address my point about where this is headed, logically: NK will eventually have capable nukes, and they don't like the US (I mean, really, really don't like the US), so what conclusion would you come to?

Kstatida
But from the U.S. national interests, fucking off is not a thing you can do. United States HAS to be present in Korean peninsula, "because trade routes, motherfucker". So there we go, bloody dictator KJU, his father, and his grandfather, and whomever else. Because you need to sell your naval bases to the people.

Sigh. You are completely overlooking the fact that North Korea would love to sort of have South Korea back, by hook or by crook. Do you really think that NK just puts its toys away if the US leaves? Is this really what you're implying?

Kstatida
That's why noone likes you fuckers. See the world map, ask yourself "What the fuck am I doing in Korea? It borders Russia and China, it is separated by the Pacific Ocean from me. WHAT THE FUCK AM I DOING THERE?". Noone in their right mind will make efforts to fucking DESTABILIZE their borders, yet you seriously suspect Russia and China doing that in NK. Holy fuck that's above delusional. China is a major buyer of NK coal, Russia is invested in Trans-Korean railroad, Trans-Korean gaspipe, Energy Super Ring, that's fucking billions of dollars. OF COURSE we're so fond of destabilizing it so that United States can bomb it. Because full-scale war 100km of our MAIN PACIFIC PORT WE'VE SPENT LAST TEN YEARS DEVELOPING is something we'd so much enjoy. Damn dude how fucking old are you?
They are there to prevent the North Koreans from fucking with the South Koreans. All the other stuff may be true, but that's the main one right there. I don't know what kind of propaganda you've bee fed to miss that one.
Now, what I'm talking about is, destabilization is not the goal, but a probably side-effect. I admit its a bit far-fetched sounding, but I have a strong hunch that someone is pulling the strings in that area, and China is up to no fucking good, I'm just trying to make heads or tails out of it really. I could probably be convinced otherwise on this, but this is my gut feeling-- China is pushing, pushing, pushing, trying to shake things up so that they can swoop in and profit somehow. And it's all probably very long term, mind-you, as the perception in Russia and China at least is that the US is very reactionary and short-term-thinking. So I don't know, maybe they assume we'll fuck it up and step on our own dicks, so it's a calculated risk

Kstatida
P.S. So this pretty much sums it up. I like your attitude and how you aim to analyze things. But your presumptions are soooo fucked up and illogical that when you ironize with "You might think I'm a victim of propaganda", all I can do is smile. Because most certainly you are. Of course I am as well (because the state that doesn't form its people's opinion will face someone else forming its people opinion, and then it's fucked), but my position is logical, whilst yours is emotional.
I see this the other way: to me, your responses seem very illogical and not really addressing anything I'm saying (e.g., If I argue "If a, then b", you might respond, "but c!"..). Note: I say "illogical", not "incorrect". It's like, you have all this in your head, and it's not wrong, per se, but it just all comes out at once even when nobody said anything about that.

Cheers man.
Subject Author Posted

6 months in I am curious about the thoughts of those who supported trump?

Quas July 28, 2017 04:24PM

Still optimistic.

Death_Claw August 09, 2017 09:42AM

NK is probably the biggest risk in terms of war..

istirith August 09, 2017 01:05PM

Re: NK is probably the biggest risk in terms of war..

demos August 09, 2017 08:15PM

How?

Rhyaldrin August 09, 2017 05:48PM

People think war is implausible..

istirith August 10, 2017 02:05AM

This is interesting reasoning

Kstatida August 10, 2017 02:22AM

While they probably don't..

istirith August 10, 2017 02:51AM

Longterm (50-100 years)

Kstatida August 10, 2017 12:44AM

Why are China and Russia sitting out?

Jib August 10, 2017 07:58AM

I have addressed that

Kstatida August 10, 2017 09:02AM

I think the problem is that DPRK is not going to stop trying to get a credible nuclear deterrent

starbright August 10, 2017 09:54AM

You are correct.

Jib August 10, 2017 10:07AM

Yeah good point. Nuclear arms being in the hands of big states has good rationale behind it, and I'm generally in support of that.

starbright August 10, 2017 10:13AM

No, you are right, invasion is not a good solution.

Jib August 10, 2017 10:57AM

So what if he's not acting?

istirith August 10, 2017 10:04AM

No mad ruler survives for long

Kstatida August 10, 2017 11:59AM

Then we are all fucked. Assuming he's mad, what would the best thing to do be?

starbright August 10, 2017 10:09AM

True, but..

istirith August 10, 2017 10:14AM

Interesting.

Jib August 10, 2017 09:51AM

Re: Interesting.

Kstatida August 10, 2017 11:20AM

You tend to do this, every time I have a discussion with you...

Jib August 10, 2017 01:12PM

Sorry, dude, I didn't read your answer because of the following:

Kstatida August 11, 2017 12:16AM

Wow man. I overestimated your intellect, I think. I'll try and dumb it down next time.

Jib August 11, 2017 07:53AM

Please do (n/t)

Kstatida August 11, 2017 09:13AM

Interesting, I was not aware that Russia or China had ICBM-interception capability (n/t)

starbright August 10, 2017 11:25AM

Are you serious?

Kstatida August 10, 2017 11:55AM

I'm not that well informed on the specifics of military weapons

starbright August 10, 2017 11:59AM

Re: I'm not that well informed on the specifics of military weapons

Kstatida August 10, 2017 12:01PM

I lol'ed: in Soviet Russia, small talk is talk is nuclear talk! :-P (n/t)

starbright August 10, 2017 12:07PM

Why would you destabilize your own backyard?

starbright August 10, 2017 10:06AM

Re: Why would you destabilize your own backyard?

Jib August 10, 2017 10:38AM

On McCain..

istirith August 10, 2017 03:02AM

We scare children with American medical care

Kstatida August 10, 2017 03:11AM

All things considered he's done a good job.

istirith August 02, 2017 09:47PM

Somewhat irrelevant, but some thoughts on the greater scale

Kstatida August 03, 2017 12:49AM

I think you'd be surprised.

istirith August 03, 2017 12:15PM

Which ones?

demos August 04, 2017 09:11PM

Crimean (n/t)

Kstatida August 05, 2017 12:36AM

Oh ya

demos August 05, 2017 04:16AM

Re: I think you'd be surprised.

Jib August 04, 2017 12:15PM

Yeah.

istirith August 04, 2017 12:17PM

Re: I think you'd be surprised.

Kstatida August 04, 2017 02:00AM

I was in mainland Europe in 2014..

istirith August 04, 2017 08:20AM

Re: I was in mainland Europe in 2014..

Kstatida August 04, 2017 10:15AM

I have to disagree with that second paragraph, because it's incorrect. (n/t)

Frosty August 03, 2017 06:11AM

In the interests of impartiality, here are things he is wrong on.

istirith August 02, 2017 09:54PM

Re: In the interests of impartiality, here are things he is wrong on.

regreath August 04, 2017 01:49PM

So..

istirith August 04, 2017 02:07PM

This

Kstatida August 05, 2017 12:42AM

Business (I'm in outside sales) is much better. Bathing in money and libtears tbh. I'd say America is... 64.8% great already. Just need that wall. (n/t)

Rhyaldrin August 01, 2017 04:16PM

Oh and John McCain dying would be great too. (n/t)

Rhyaldrin August 01, 2017 04:17PM

Extremely optimistic

MiyagiYojimbo August 01, 2017 08:58AM

MEGA <3 nt

Flipside Oreo August 05, 2017 10:14AM

Can I? Can I?

Kstatida August 01, 2017 08:26AM

I'd rather ask "Now that you have Media, Congress and Senate assramming your President for six months, what are your thoughts?"

istirith August 02, 2017 09:32PM

I defer to Rhyaldrins opinion even though I didn't vote Trump.

jalim August 01, 2017 05:57AM

I'm not saying HIllary had Seth Rich killed bu.... never mind yes I am. (n/t)

Rhyaldrin August 01, 2017 04:18PM

About 50x better than expected. (n/t)

Matrik July 28, 2017 05:02PM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 119
Record Number of Users: 5 November 04, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 358 August 31, 2022