Congratulations! You are now eligible to receive an honorary undergraduate degree in Gender and Women's Studies from Oberlin College!

December 19, 2007 02:51PM
"These devout, orthodox extremist christians"

I'm not sure a) what's wrong with being "devout", or "orthodox", or "christian", or b) that one can presume to know, based upon the anecdotal experience of a single person (that is, anything less than an earnest attempt at rigorously and methodically constructed understanding of a religion, a culture, a society, other than one's own), what "Christians" (that is, 65% of the U.S. population, or 195 million people) believe. I'd say you're being at least as closed-minded as the tiny minority you're actually describing - devout, orthodox, extremist Christians, who, as a matter of daily practice, actively discriminate against and persecute others on the basis of religion and sexual preference.

Most guys who consider themselves to be "gay" don't especially enjoy watching men and women fuck. Why the hell should some random straight guy be subjected to something, which is for them, similarly irrelevant?

Why not label your imagined persecutors as you actually envision them: white, heterosexual males with rural or Southern backgrounds and who can't supress the (physiologically inherent) gag reflex inspired by the aural assault that is the music of Angela DiFranco, and who, rather than blindly accepting the insidious notion that the female sex is a beautiful flower, (correctly) understand the vagina to be a bacteria-laden, disease-prone orifice, located an inch away from the anus, whose purpose is to expel waste, expunge mamallian parasites from the uterus, bleed for an average of 6.7 years, undermine the forumulation of sane and rational ideas, and serve as barely preferable alternatives to months-filthy, semen-encrusted tube socks, as receptacles for the semen of the human male?

If gay people in U.S. urban centers want something to complain about, they should move to Russia, or really, most places outside of Western Europe and North America. I've been subjected to biggotry and hateful speech which, if directed against any group other than the one which was its actual target, that being male heterosexuals, would have been instantly punished with excommunication from the Church of Correct and Progressive Social Thought. Biggots who hate faggots are retarded. Faggots who lash out out blindly at people for being straight, or male, or Christian, should really, really, really know better.
Subject Author Posted

Religious Fanatics should go see Forgiving the Franklins

ekirhal December 19, 2007 06:29AM

If they liked learning new things they would not be religious

cenatar December 20, 2007 10:37AM

Congratulations! You are now eligible to receive an honorary undergraduate degree in Gender and Women's Studies from Oberlin College!

milkman_dan December 19, 2007 02:51PM

Welcome back! I'm glad you were able to squeeze DiFranco in n/t

Lokain December 20, 2007 07:01AM

your sentences make my head hurt. nt

Isildur(VIP) December 19, 2007 03:04PM

Seems a little 'extremist' using three adjectives to describe a group of people. nt

silencedstatik December 19, 2007 07:40AM

Re: Religious Fanatics should go see Forgiving the Franklins

Isildur(VIP) December 19, 2007 06:43AM

agree 100%

slimfast December 19, 2007 07:44AM

Re: agree 100%

Death_Claw December 19, 2007 07:46AM

You really think there's going to be explicit gay sex in an R movie?

slimfast December 19, 2007 08:11AM

Umm, for me, the implication of gay sex is gross.

Sam December 19, 2007 08:27AM

Re: You really think there's going to be explicit gay sex in an R movie?

Death_Claw December 19, 2007 08:26AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 169
Record Number of Users: 5 November 04, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 358 August 31, 2022