Since it's a good tone to talk here about your weight losing experiences...

uli
December 20, 2007 10:39PM
... I'll tell you of mine.

The project started in March. It started with me being 187cm (~6'2'') tall and weighing 119 kilos (~300 lbs). I didn't feel bad about it, but doctors kept saying I needed to do something about it. Plus, blood pressure was 140x80 while 120x70 is the norm.

I figured I had to do something I was ready to keep doing for the rest of my life, so exercises weren't an option. Maybe some time in the future, but not now. So I decided to change what I ate. It wasn't healthy in the past. I am proud of never having eaten anything in McDonalds, but there was a bunch of other junk food I consumed regularly. I excluded potatoes, pasta and pizzas completely (well, they start slowly creeping back in about now, but I am sure I can keep it under control). I significantly reduced the amount of cakes and other sweet stuff (now that I think about it, I ate a terrible lot of them in the past, and I don't miss it at all). Instead, I started getting more vegetables, fruits and seafood. The amount of meat is about the same as always (I'd say I eat a lot of meat).

Another important step was to get more sleep at any cost (I figured I lose most weight when during the night, 8 hours == 1 kilo, more the 8 hours > 1 kilo).

The results of the project can probably be fixed now when I hit my target of being under 90 kilos (~225 lbs). Today's morning it was 89.8. I think this is the lowest for the past 10 years. I'm still 5 to 10 kilos overweight for how tall I am, but who cares. I know that's easy now. Blood pressure is 115x70, can take a trip to outer space. :-)

I still haven't got any muscle, but I am sure that's easy too and will come when I decide that I need it.

Two advices for those who want to follow:

1. Remember. It's easy.
2. Never do something you suffer from to lose weight. You must be comfortable with what you are doing. You can't suffer for the rest of your life, and will inevitable stop doing what you suffer from and get your weight back. Choose a route that you have fun with instead.

Good luck!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2007 10:40PM by Uli.
Subject Author Posted

Since it's a good tone to talk here about your weight losing experiences...

uli December 20, 2007 10:39PM

In this vein...txt

Isildur(VIP) December 22, 2007 10:06AM

This made me laugh.

cointreau December 21, 2007 09:25PM

huh huh huh. Uli eats a lot of meat. nt

Isildur(VIP) December 21, 2007 06:50AM

Omg wtf. n/t

Death_Claw December 21, 2007 08:30PM

Cosign for 2nd point. nt

dervish December 21, 2007 03:24AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 112
Record Number of Users: 5 November 04, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 358 August 31, 2022