I agree kind of

January 02, 2008 07:02PM
He had the fortunate timing of being president when things were economically gravy through no fault of his own. The tech sector came into it's ridiculously wealthy adolescense when he was in power and the bubble burst right as he was getting out. On a global scale he had less problems to deal with than the current administration (both in situations reacted to and situations caused). On a whole he was a more charismatic person and he was THE focal point of the country (the country focused on him as a leader rather than an administration). I can't help but think that if he made the same bad decisions as Bush he would probably come out smelling rosier because of the fact that he is more intelligent and more likeable. He still fucked up in Somalia and he fucked up on the home front with Janet Reno and the horrible decisions she made.
Subject Author Posted

On US politics, particularly the elections.

istirith January 02, 2008 08:07AM

Re: On US politics, particularly the elections.

Isildur(VIP) January 02, 2008 11:25AM

I still look fondly back at Clinton's reign. He wasn't perfect, but he was better. nt

Yhorian(VIP) January 02, 2008 04:23PM

I agree kind of

Lokain January 02, 2008 07:02PM

One little thing about race/gender

Java January 02, 2008 11:41AM

another thing though

Lokain January 02, 2008 01:53PM

I got the feeling that's part of what Isildur was hinting at. It's a pretty good point. nt

Yhorian(VIP) January 02, 2008 04:25PM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 102
Record Number of Users: 5 November 04, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 358 August 31, 2022