I believe I speak for the remaining Moderators...

August 01, 2013 11:52AM
...when I say banning people from the forums really isn't the Prime Directive. To paraphrase, Dioxide's is still an unofficial forum. Whatever Immortal-VIP relations have existed in past, this isn't a page run by the game creators. I'm not against information sharing, and I'd extend it all the way to the entrances of the explore areas, personally.

Besides, knee-jerk bans for things that aren't maliciously directed at QHCF is just a lame policy. We can delete messages, and sometimes we do. The good ol' BanHammer may have seen some blood, but it's really not at the core of any remaining Mods' agenda. Especially in the case where a person says "Oh shit, I probably shouldn't have posted that", nobody in their right mind is going to shit golden kittens about it.

In fact, it's fine to say general things without specific information, like "CF has really just spiraled downward due to Immortals thoroughly abusing their privileges and catering to their little in-group, so fuck them all in their stupid donkey manginas." SPECIFIC character assassination is still against the forum rules, but hey, express yourself.

As to powers, preps, and specifically ancient instincts, it's been broken down a few times and certainly passed around the community of veterans, so NOT alluding to or at least GENERALLY describing these things seems only fair to me in the interest of maintaining a playerbase of any substance. I personally stand in the 'preps and quests that are not area_explore should be somewhat fair play' crowd. As so many have said before, I DO see the wisdom in getting that playing field a bit more level.

Haven't slept in way too long, left a pound of blood and sweat at work, but that's my counter-rant.

Love and Blessings:

A quivering bundle of energy packets spinning in the void
Subject Author Posted

Posting what I did informationwise on QHCF was wrong. I'm better than that. VIPS, please slap me with at least a 30 day ban, permanent if you want. Ill take responsibility for when I cross the line. (n/t)

Gaplemo August 01, 2013 10:32AM

Re: Posting what I did informationwise on QHCF was wrong. I'm better than that. VIPS, please slap me with at least a 30 day ban, permanent if you want. Ill take responsibility for when I cross the line.

jhyrbian August 17, 2013 05:23PM

You didn't repost it after it was deleted, so you most likely won't get banned. (n/t)

Gabe(VIP) August 01, 2013 06:43PM

I believe I speak for the remaining Moderators...

The Faithful of Nazmorghul(VIP) August 01, 2013 11:52AM

"the remaining moderators"? What, did the rest die? Thunderdome style, I bet. (n/t)

smashtro August 01, 2013 01:13PM

Guilty. Dur and I teamed up back to back. The Disintegration ray he packs was a bit unfair.

The Faithful of Nazmorghul(VIP) August 01, 2013 05:25PM

Dur is a Dalek? nt

Rade August 02, 2013 03:56PM

Lol. (n/t)

smashtro August 02, 2013 04:43AM

Dur's lasers can hurt ghosts? I guess that makes sense, Robo's lasers doubled as shadow magic in CT. (n/t)

MiyagiYojimbo August 02, 2013 03:48AM

Dying time's here. (n/t)

MiyagiYojimbo August 01, 2013 01:41PM

Do you remember before Dur climbed on Nominator's shoulders and took over qhcf? (n/t)

wrathpuppet August 01, 2013 01:17PM

I'm visualizing Krang climbing into that body suit. (n/t)

smashtro August 01, 2013 01:27PM

Non-Anon, Non-Funny. No Log. But not Log Board. NO BAN. (n/t)

dubs August 01, 2013 01:12PM

Agree with all of this.

Death_Claw August 01, 2013 12:11PM

BURN HIM!

torak August 01, 2013 11:24AM

Although, there was a herald-killer thread a few weeks back... (n/t)

smashtro August 01, 2013 11:48AM

I disagree. Like you said, it's not like people get banned for describing other cabal powers. (n/t)

Dalbrin August 01, 2013 10:39AM

Its along the same lines of prep locations and things like ancient instincts. I crossed the line and should be banned.

Gaplemo August 01, 2013 11:09AM

Re: Its along the same lines of prep locations and things like ancient instincts. I crossed the line and should be banned.

Bryntor August 01, 2013 11:17AM

Apology accepted.I'd vote against a ban, but a week if VIPs feel it's necessary. (n/t)

wrathpuppet August 01, 2013 11:10AM

Attempting to vote. Ban. (n/t)

Matrik August 01, 2013 11:14AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 37
Record Number of Users: 59 October 25, 2015
Record Number of Guests: 143 August 28, 2015