The death of Mayesha and birth of 'Something'

July 07, 2002 07:41PM
It is 5 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 4th of the Month of the Frost Giant. <br>The moon is currently full. <br>The Carrion Fields started up at Sun Jul 7 13:51:29 2002 <br>The system time is Sun Jul 7 23:30:57 2002 <br> <br> <br>A strange vision flickers to existence in your mind... a tall, steep cliff before the ocean. <br> <br>Upon that cliff are standing two figures, a hideous, deformed looking child, and a shadowy woman clad in a spacious robe. <br> <br>"Give it to me." <br> <br>A slight frown on its face, the Anti-Life holds out its hand. <br> <br>The woman drums her slender fingers on what looks like the Golden Grimoire of the Warlocks, seeming to smile under the hood. <br> <br>"Perhaps not." <br> <br>"What do you mean, perhaps not? What are you talking about?" <br> <br>The Anti-Life floats forward a few feet, its hand still outstretched to accept the Grimoire. <br> <br>With a fluid motion, the woman draws a night-black sabre from the folds of her robe, holding it threateningly up towards the Anti-Life. <br> <br>"Maybe... ya wanna fight then?" <br> <br>She casts her robes aside and with a flash of dull, dim light, her entire form seems to blur and as it settles... she looks considerably different. <br> <br>With a shocked look on its face, the Anti-Life floats away from the winged fela. <br> <br>"What is the meaning of this? I should have sensed you, read your mind... how...?" <br> <br>Mayesha's muzzle twists into a disdainful smirk. <br> <br>"Maybe ya expect too much. But if ya wants the book, then ya better come an' take it from me dead paws." <br> <br>The Anti-Life waves a hand as it growls in irritation. <br> <br>Mayesha keeps her unwavering gaze on the Anti-Life, the sabre in one paw, the Grimoire in other. <br> <br>A huge chunk of raw stone rips free from the ground nearby and floats up into the air. <br> <br>With a loud grinding sound, it twists and reforms into a long stone spike, its sharp point turning directly at Mayesha. <br> <br>The fela casts a quick look at the crude stone projectile, without worry. <br> <br>"I'll give you one warning, hand over the book, or I'll take it from your dead fingers." <br> <br>"Ha! I ain't listenin' ta yer empty threats. Show me how bloody much ya wants it!" <br> <br>She flips into a battle-ready stance, beckoning to the monstrosity with her sabre. <br> <br>With a shrug, the Anti-Life makes a hurling motion and the floating stone spike streaks through the air in Mayesha's general direction. <br> <br>Surprisingly, she makes no effort whatsoever to avoid the crude projectile, instead tossing away her sabre and spreading her arms wide a fraction of a second before the collision. <br> <br>With thundering impact and a loud tearing sound, the stony projectile rips through Mayesha's chest in a spray of blood, knocking her back several paces. <br> <br>You hear a tiny gasp. <br> <br>Teetering on the very edge of the cliff, the fela stares expressionlessly at the Anti-Life... <br> <br>The Anti-Life looks back in stunned surprise, as blood drips from the mortal wound. <br> <br>The Grimoire falls at the fela's feet as a strange, in some inexplicable way contented smile rises to her face. <br> <br>Clutching at her chest, she rasps out one last word before falling back over the edge... <br> <br>"...free..." <br> <br>After a brief moment of stupefied silence, the Anti-Life floats over to the edge, hovering over the pool of spilled blood as it looks down at the sea far below. <br> <br>"How strange. I've never encountered anything like that before... it was almost as if..." <br> <br>The Anti-Life shrugs and turns back to the fallen tome. As it reaches for it, the golden bindings melt away, fading into dust, and the blank pages scatter in the wind. <br> <br>The being stares at its empty hand, then at the nearby cliff, a look of confusion and anger crossing its immature face. <br> <br>Uttering a frustrated curse, the Anti-Life vanishes in search of something less confusing to occupy its time. <br> <br>A small, filthy figure creeps out from the shadows and takes a quick glance about before he lays his fingers on the forgotten sabre. <br> <br>"I am in fact not stealing Mayesha's sabre. By no means am I taking it for my own twisted and evil purposes. No." <br> <br>With a satisfied nod, he vanishes in a puff of greenish smoke, leaving the cliffs silent and desolate, and the vision fades away... <br> <br>(100%hp 100%m 100%mv 6280tnl) (12 AM) help Mayesha <br>Unable to find what you were looking for. <br> <br>
Subject Author Views Posted

The death of Mayesha and birth of 'Something'

Soren 632 July 07, 2002 07:41PM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 31
Record Number of Users: 2 April 29, 2024
Record Number of Guests: 258 May 03, 2024