Some serious advice for Murphy and friends.

November 25, 2014 09:32AM
Well, I have really let my snarky go the past couple days! It actually felt great to vent and let some of the things out that pop into my head. Therapeutic. If I genuinely hurt any feelings, I'm sorry. I think we all know it's in fun.

I do want to make a couple points about CF, and life in general that you can take or leave, then I think I'll go back to my never-posting status. You can argue, but I'm not going to respond. Maybe it will mean something to you, maybe it won't.

1) Focus.

Focus is one of the major problems with your CF ability. When you lose 2-4 items out of the 20ish items in your corpse you are at a net positive. Someone has done you a kindness. Yet, instead of focusing on your 17 remaining items, you focus on the 3 you lost. You see the net positive as a loss. Then you focus on what you can't do without those items instead of what you can do with what remains. You focus on the fights that are difficult for you to win, not the fights that are easy for you win. Every character has both. When you spend all your time focused on what you don't have and what you can't do, you lose because you are thinking about how to lose, not how to win. Losing reinforces those beliefs, and you lose more. You can't break the cycle because you don't focus on the possibilities. CF history is full of really skilled players grabbing a couple practice swords and midnight dragon armor and killing the guy who just full looted them. It's not always possible, but it's always possible to strive for.

Focus on what you have, not what you don't. Focus on your possibilities, not your limitations.

2) Entitlement

You seem to think the way to break out of your losing cycle is to put everyone on equal ground via the changing of skills, armor and looting customs. You aren't entitled to play on a level playing field. That's not the way life works. Some people are born on the bottom. (Yet, somehow, those who earnestly want to do well always find a way to claw their way up from the bottom. It's why so many self-made millionaires are immigrants who come from nothing.) When you die, you aren't entitled to anything back. When your enemy gets a reward in the game you aren't entitled to one to level the playing field. If you want to do well at CF, figure out how to grab practice swords and fuck people up.

Really, these two things go so far beyond CF that it's probably beyond comprehension without a paradigm shift in your real world, but hey, I offer anyways.

Peace.
Subject Author Posted

Some serious advice for Murphy and friends.

The_Joker November 25, 2014 09:32AM

Focus is a major problem with your reading comprehension.

Murphy November 25, 2014 10:01AM

Imperial Duergar Warrior Sword/Hand Landslide/Greeting. Lag away. (n/t)

NbM(VIP) November 25, 2014 10:07AM

Name 12 please: "self-made millionaires are immigrants who come from nothing." (n/t)

Matrik November 25, 2014 09:58AM

Sure!

The_Joker November 25, 2014 10:05AM

I didn't ask you to educate me on the finer points of searching the internet for details I don't care about.

Matrik November 25, 2014 10:37AM

Haha! Touche. Matrik for Emperor! (n/t)

The_Joker November 25, 2014 10:49AM

Easy

Demtok November 25, 2014 10:04AM

Lol

HairyOrangutan November 25, 2014 10:34AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 145
Record Number of Users: 1 April 26, 2024
Record Number of Guests: 161 April 28, 2024