To Yhorian Re: Mage soloing project

January 17, 2008 01:34PM
After reading your semi-recent post on soloing mages I made a couple attempts and failed miserably.

Obviously both your damage output and defenses sucks as a mage, you can alleviate it somewhat with the use of wands but still it is not enough. You can mitigate that someone by killing mobs which have stuff that can be bartered for heals using ‘run to mobs- zap-rut to healer-heal-run back’ routine but still I cannot come even close to the timeframe you posted before. I came to the conclusion that the main reason here is that you use specific mobs, which while unsuitable for conventional ranking are useful for solo runs. The problem I have is that I cannot envision a way to find such mobs. Using higher level characters does not give you an accurate assessment of their xp worth/difficulty ratio. Using low level characters does not work for me too, because usually it takes one check (wrong) on a lucky blows mob after which I need to run away with the mob tracking. I have a gut feeling that what I am looking for are non-generic monsters in areas which are quite higher than my level but so far I am not able to confirm it.

So, I would like to ask you a question: What is the method to finding such mobs (what should I look for)?

Maybe you have some tips that your would be willing to share (or that guide you wanted to write).

Thanks.
Subject Author Posted

To Yhorian Re: Mage soloing project

Muchos January 17, 2008 01:34PM

My own mage solo ranking tends to focus on specific mobs

daurwyn(VIP) January 20, 2008 06:11AM

Re: To Yhorian Re: Mage soloing project

theepic January 17, 2008 10:54PM

FYI I think you misunderstand

mmmmk January 18, 2008 06:19AM

Still trying to find time to revisit it.

Yhorian(VIP) January 18, 2008 09:38AM

Help Planar Sactum nt

laearrist January 17, 2008 04:33PM

I thought I had it explored and it seems I was very wrong. n/t

Muchos January 18, 2008 01:32AM

Also, someone run the helpfile script please :) nt

laearrist January 17, 2008 04:36PM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 107
Record Number of Users: 2 April 29, 2024
Record Number of Guests: 172 April 28, 2024