If this is truly your first character and you want some feedback...

April 01, 2015 01:41AM
Analysis: The assassin got two to three skills off (two kote + potentially mark). Your bearcharges while effective in landing (he did not evade any) did not lag all that long. You were quite lucky he stayed so long and died as a result. (As the assassin marking the ranger, fleeing, recovering, then returning, enlarging, and attacking is a very natural strategy.)

Bearcharge is what your build is about so it was reasonable to use it here. How can you minimize the number of times he will be able to use a skill or flee?

1. Based on the log it looks as if you were not enlarged. Enlarge before the fight. If he is human sized and you are enlarged you should have a very good chance to land the next bearcharge before he gets a chance to do anything. You can find cheap enlarge preps in Ysigrath.

2. Consider starting with waylay or bearcharge. Obviously there is a trade-off here, since the ambush does more damage. Most likely, if I were you I would have tried to start (assuming you had the option) with waylay if he was at full health, use bearcharge if injured, and ambush onslaught if so injured that the ambush might kill him immediately.

3. Finally do not waste time switching weapons after you attack. Choose some weapon he does not know (and/or is vulnerable to) before the fight. If you plan to use ambush onlaught axes would be a good choice since onslaught works well with them.

Since you are a savage the last bearcharge should have been a savage blow. Savage blow does more damage, is more reliable (unless there was a change), and given how injured he is will kill him

Good Hunting!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2015 01:45AM by semi_newbie.
Subject Author Views Posted

Ok I know that's not how you play a ranger, but isn't it just what giant ranger is supposed to be?

Kstatida 605 March 31, 2015 01:04PM

If this is truly your first character and you want some feedback...

semi_newbie 335 April 01, 2015 01:41AM

There was a change. Savage blow blows. (n/t)

Murphy 166 April 01, 2015 03:17AM

it'd be great for a frosty in hometerrain mountain. nt

The Forsaken 192 April 01, 2015 09:08AM

I did land *** DEMOLISHES *** with savage blow in mountains, never in PK though :( (n/t)

Kstatida 206 April 01, 2015 02:15PM

That's a lot of info, thanks!

Kstatida 252 April 01, 2015 02:18AM

A fact of life for assassins

daurwyn(VIP) 279 March 31, 2015 07:33PM

Ace kick has that in the helpfile, I think. You can't actually raise your leg above shoulder blade of someone who's twice your height :) (n/t)

Kstatida 220 March 31, 2015 08:35PM

Well, bear charge is great for giants. You're larger then they are, and holding a weapon the assassin doesn't know. You should destroy him, especially in the woods. (n/t)

funnyone 165 March 31, 2015 02:02PM

**TIP** Check anonymous so your name doesn't get associated with your active character.

Quixotic 236 March 31, 2015 01:49PM

Wehy not associate? I'd honestly like to participate in my log discussions, as this is my first character and I'd like to learn as fast as I can :) (n/t)

Kstatida 261 March 31, 2015 11:46PM

I think it's mostly a concern for folks that have well known forum personas and previous characters. (n/t)

saagkri 203 April 01, 2015 02:48AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 36
Record Number of Users: 2 April 29, 2024
Record Number of Guests: 258 May 03, 2024