Narissorin's collection of scrolls for the 'ritual'

April 14, 2015 07:15PM
So,

Scion kind of had a direction... but let's be real, it really didn't and hadn't for quite a few years. 
After attaining Chancellor, Narissorin was singularly obsessed with empowering his body with 
the essence of the shadow realm. Below are the secret scrolls that I had sent out to each of the 
active members of Scion to accomplish what I thought was a great RP opportunity for everyone 
involved.

The basic intent was to gather a few items and use them together through 'secretive' chants and 
specific role play specific class abilities. The pendant of exploration, a sliver of onyx, an orb of 
onyx, and a rather unique location that was actually relatively difficult to get to. The pendant of 
exploration was going to be used at the portal to open it (a gateway) to a specific thing/person in 
the shadow realm. The onyx cube I had a hero invoker play out molding it into a block of onyx with 
miniscule holes running through it. The sliver of onyx the invoker was going to change into a syringe.

Here are the notes.

Scions,

Long has the history of our coven revolved around delving into the unknown, deciphering predictions, 
even waiting for an appropriate moment of precise alignment. Chance, at times, plays as drastic an 
influence in our success as proper preparation and knowledge over the circumstances involved. 
Soon the Omens may align, to our ultimate satisfaction. There are a few among you whom will be 
a necessity for the ritual. Those of you that are not contacted further would be wise to mind your 
divinations and be prepared for any eventuality.

Narissorin S'sambra.

Drekvah,

As you begin perusing this parchment be certain to keep the bearer with you until you are finished,
he must not be allowed to leave alive. The location of the 'thinness' has been found, I have laid 
eyes upon it myself. The archway has been discovered, deep within the abandoned siege encampment. 
It was at one time a permanent gateway into the shadow realm and though now it appears inactive, 
the invocation of the pendant into the very heart of the archway may activate the properties within 
once again! And so I contact you in strict confidence, for you must be prepared. The 'pendant of 
exploration' is the artifact that will be invoked when the omens align. You must be prepared to negate
the energies of the pendant so that they flow in an inverted manner. This is your place, be ready when 
the time is right for we must not err.

Now, do silence the messenger through whatever means you deem necessary.

Narissorin S'sambra.

Iussuni,

Keep the scroll bearer with you until you finish this missive, when you have completed it the bearer 
must perish. These words are for your eyes only.

The time may approach soon, yet it may not. We must be prepared to act at a moments notice. You 
know your place in the coming ritual and I have faith in your abilities. The rehearsal I envision for you 
is simple, yet necessary. Sacrifice a few creatures or even an elf or two through whatever means you 
have available. Just as they are about to perish, their souls coming free from the mortal coil, heal them 
through your prayers. Bring them back to life as they are about to step into the brink. This you must be 
capable of doing in a moments notice, lest we all may fail.

Narissorin S'sambra.

Nabighah,

Keep the scroll bearer with you until you finish this missive, when you have completed it the bearer 

You are the oldest of my scholars, more than capable for what comes. We have found what appears 
to be an old gateway into the shadow realm, the surrounding environment has been twisted similar to 
the specifics of Maethien. The ritual I have envisioned is complex, but your part may come simply to 
a practiced master of conjuration. The other three that are necessary for this success must be bound 
to my life for the brief time of the ritual. They will open themselves up to you for the binding or they will 
find themselves studying outside of the chasm. This is an important aspect of what I plan, for they must 
not have a slight inclination of betraying me during a critical moment and with your powerful binding they 
will not. After the binding of their lives the portal shall be enacted, the essence flowing freely and then 
you will be relied upon again. Your preparation is specific to these energies of the shadow plane, be 
ready to bind them to my soul after the 'sacrifice' has been made. I rely on you in this, know that the 
reward may be great. The essence will be great and my mortal body will only hold so much, what will 
be left will be ample and those that are bound should be able to capture the energy for themselves. Be 
prepared for the omens may align soon.

Narissorin S'sambra.

Falkaine,

You, Falkaine, are bound to me already through blood. You know the cost of failure in what we 
plan, but you also realize the promise of power when we succeed! You know the artifacts required 
and have manipulated two of them rather sufficiently. The only final need is channeling the direction 
of the energies that will flow through the gateway. The filter, and sliver must be linked to the 
pendant after Drekvah has finished with it. All that would come from the other side must pass 
through the filter first, this is necessary no matter the cost. The sliver will be last and for me to 
direct. What I had originally envisioned for the remainder of the energy will not be possible. And 
in such, those that are in attendance may divide the essence amongst themselves. A fortunate 
outcome may yet be possible, as the archway that was discovered may become activated in a 
permanent state once more. Time will tell Falkaine, be ready for when the omens align for we 
must not hesitate when shown the opportunity.

Narissorin S'sambra.

Zameida,

Keep the scroll bearer with you until you finish this missive, when you have completed it the 
bearer must perish. These words are for your eyes only.

You alone, among my scholars have passed fully into the shadow realm itself. I require one 
thing of you Zameida that you should easily enough be able to provide. In your sojourn into 
the shadows you must have come across a specific creature or individual that you could 
identify singularly. They must have stood in a place that you could divine the most deep 
energies of darkness from. Give me this single name, the invocation of such will be necessary 
for what will transpire.

Narissorin S'sambra.

So yeah, it turned into a whole cabal mortal run quest and I hope everyone got a kick out of it, 
basically I was going to open the gate (pendant) to channel the essence of the shadow realm 
through the filter (onyx sphere) and into my very being with the syringe. It would have killed 
me but that was the point of the healer practicing bringing people back from deaths door. 
And all the extra dark energy that escaped the moment I died the rest of the chasm could 
have gathered and then I would have been brought back. Nagibah was my insurance by 
bonding their life to mine so if I didn't return they would have felt every bit of the loss of life.
Subject Author Views Posted

Narissorin's collection of scrolls for the 'ritual'

NbM(VIP) 459 April 14, 2015 07:15PM

This was an awesome mortal run quest, I enjoyed it a lot as Zameida (n/t)

deriveh 225 April 15, 2015 09:25AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 99
Record Number of Users: 3 May 21, 2024
Record Number of Guests: 258 May 03, 2024