Fighting a dagger spec

January 20, 2017 06:56AM
Fighting a dagger spec you either have to:

A) Have the gear to cover the stat loss. At hero this is usually >+15 str/10 dex. It's possible, but you have to have a pretty a nice set. However, if you do have such a set, you essentially render the dagger spec obsolete.

B) Have the burst damage to nullify a dagger spec in 3-4 rounds. If you don't have the gear to cover the stat loss, then aganist a dagger spec you've got about 4-5 combat rounds before you're in danger of being 1-2 rounded due to maledicts adding up. So you have to be able to gauge whether or not you can burst him down in that time. For instance, if I was a giant sword spec I might throw out a doublethrust right when the fight starts. If I chunk him down from perfect health to bleeding wounds or so, then I can think about trying to flurry to end this thing, or maybe go for a bash - melee hit or two - 2nd doublethrust to end things.

Caveat: Hand spec as first spec is rough in general and not what I would choose to fight dagger specs. The only good side is that you don't have to worry about dropping your weapon. You don't get much in the way of weapon avg (unless felar) or any +hit/dam/str from your weapons. That hurts until hero when things can kind of even out.

Caveat 2: If I had to choose a build to beat elf dagger spec, it'd probably be some combination of sword/pole/mace. Pole defends REALLY well against dagger. Even as a giant, pre STSF you can usually straight up bash/chop/bash/chop a dagger spec down with a polearm provided you have the +str. Sword spec also kind of trumps dagger if you can handle/burst past the maledicts. Mace has boneshatter for a hefty maledict, which against typical dagger specs (arial/elf) if they don't have much in the way of +dex can really fuck them, plus the burst damage of drum.
Subject Author Views Posted

Raura Retreival

LogFiend 876 January 20, 2017 05:48AM

Someone ban him!

Kstatida 389 January 20, 2017 06:25AM

Torak will ban you now if he is consistent with his bans. n/t

jalim 249 January 20, 2017 09:28AM

I edited it. (n/t)

NbM(VIP) 296 January 20, 2017 06:27AM

Is it futile to try and cover dagger malediction with gear?

Navarone 355 January 20, 2017 06:08AM

Fighting a dagger spec

TheShamanman 582 January 20, 2017 06:56AM

Broth-ah Neroooooo! Did you say make the dagger spec OBSOLETE?!!?!?!?!

Sam 285 January 20, 2017 05:34PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 100
Record Number of Users: 1 April 26, 2024
Record Number of Guests: 133 April 26, 2024