Goodbye Cruel World

LogFiend
October 31, 2018 11:49PM
*** Warning: If you are triggered by criticism of CF in it's current state, turn back now.

PROTECTED civilized <90%hp 52%m 96%mv> 2 PM discuss guild
The shapeshifter guildmaster whispers to you 'I have become aware of some information about a powerful magical item.  You could make use of it.'
The shapeshifter guildmaster whispers to you 'Go past a locked gate east of Arkham to find what you seek.'

The shapeshifter guildmaster is pleased to learn of your keen observations.  (You have earned 885 experience points.)
Your keen observation has improved your ability at improved compare!

You can choose the following edges:
Roll the Bones      : You can roll the dice and get a new top tier major form.
Go For the Throat   : You can train to go for the throat with your bites.
Tearing Jaws        : You can train to better tear flesh as you bite.
Bloody Pecker       : You can train to better tear flesh with your beak.
Ricochet Skin       : You can learn to better deflect blows with your thick-skinned forms.
Potent Transformation: You can grant additional strength to your forms.
Deft Transformation : You can grant additional quickness to your forms.
Healthy Transformation: You can grant additional health to your forms.
Overcome Distortion : You can learn to be resistant to the effects of sensory distortion.
Healing Metamorphosis: You can repair some of the damage to your body as you change shape.
Strong Wrists       : Your wrists could be harder than normal to break.
Thick Veined        : You might have a knack for bleeding less than most.
Defensive Withdrawal: You can learn to flee from battle in a more controlled manner, diminishing opportunities for parting blows.
Ehren Soul          : You can call forth your Ehren Soul and its love of honorable combat.
Footing             : You can learn to brace yourself to resist attempts to drive or push you.
Contorting Metamorphosis: You can practice contorting and escaping bonds as you change shape.
Enlivening Adept    : You can focus your study on enlivening magic while in another shape.
Survival of the Fittest: You can learn to thrive on the energy of fallen prey.
Extended Greater Enlivens: You can learn to extend the duration of your greater enlivens.
Remain Conscious    : You can train yourself to sometimes remain conscious when others might be knocked out.
Battlemage Training : You may supplement your magical training with limited martial studies.
Deep Pockets        : You can develop deep pockets, capable of carrying more things.
Dragonslayer        : You can learn the secrets of the dragonslayers and prey upon the weaknesses of scalykind.
Combat Statistician : You can be a combat statistician and analyze battle more precisely.
Courageous          : You can show courage surpassing most.
Apt Learner         : You can become an apt learner, garnering more from your experiences.
Lucky               : You can be lucky.
Mousy               : You could explain to your guildmaster the reasons you are unmoved by epic song.
Humorless           : You can explain to your guildmaster the reasons you are unmoved by comic song.
Stonehearted        : You can tell your guildmaster about your disinterest in romance.
Cheerful            : You can tell your guildmaster about your cheerful nature.
Extra Training      : You can convert your experiences to extra training.
Fortitude of the Flesh: You may learn how to give fortitude to your flesh, and stave off the affects of some wasting diseases.
Intonation Adept    : You can learn to intone your words with greater precision, sometimes speaking exactly even while deaf.
Girded Metamorphosis: You can learn to power your shapeshifting with your own lifeforce.
Veins of Venom      : You can draw upon the venomous nature of one of your forms to help the others resist poisons.
Muscle Memory       : You can learn to require less mana to maintain your alternate shapes.
Lesser Form Hardening: You can grant additional resistance to your lesser forms.
Flight of the Prey  : You can become more adept at escaping in the skies, at the expense of your ability to pursue.
Calmed Mind         : You may learn to steady your mind.
Leader              : You can be a natural leader.
Footwork            : You can learn to avoid kicks better.
Prone Defense       : You can learn to better defend yourself while prone.
Lesser Form Ferocity: You can grant additional ferocity to your lesser forms.
Strong Memory       : You can learn to focus your memories and resist magic of forgetfulness.
Strong Back         : You can develop a strong back, more able to bear heavy loads.
Battle Tested       : You can learn to slumber more quickly after the excitement of combat.
Transportation Sensitivity: You can hone your senses to detect transportation magic tugging at you.
Cover Up            : You can learn to better block attacks aimed at your face.
Mana Flood          : You may have a knack for drawing more power from a weak Veil.
Abbreviated Greater Enlivens: You can learn to shorten the duration of your greater enlivens.
Mana Drought        : You may have a knack for suffering less than most from a strong Veil.
Last Breath         : You can learn to swim short distances when your life is on the line.
Woodsman            : You can take advantage of your childhood in the sylvan reaches of Thera.
Hermit              : You can take advantage of your youth in Thera's hills and mountains.
Nomad               : You can take advantage of your heritage as a nomad of one of Thera's deserts.
Barbarian           : You can take advantage of your youth in Thera's frozen tundras.
Farmer              : You can take advantage of your childhood on the farm.
Fisherman           : You can take advantage of your upbringing near the seas and rivers of Thera.
Urbanite            : You can take advantage of your urban roots.

PROTECTED civilized <91%hp 53%m 98%mv> 3 PM discuss guild 'roll the bones'
You rolled the dice and received a new top tier major form.
You have given up the ability to to shapeshift into a sifaka lemur.
You have learned how to shapeshift into armadillo.

PROTECTED civilized <92%hp 48%m 100%mv> 4 PM forms
You can shapeshift into the following:
          Form                         Family          Attack Type     Skill
Level 14: Hedgehog                     rodent          pierce          Competent
Level 21: Wombat                       rodent          bite            Skilled
Level 23: Firefly                      avian           chomp           Competent
Level 28: Sand lizard                  reptile         bite            Confident
Level 33: Osprey                       avian           claw            Competent
Level 43: Armadillo                    xenarthra       claw            Adequate
Level 48: Giant wasp                   avian           sting           Skilled

*** Bitch:on
*** I'm so glad I didn't post a role or build any relationships with IMMs with this char.
*** In fact, this is why I never do either before I see my final forms and change one if I can.
*** I'll never understand how the randomness of shapeshifters as currently designed is "good for the mud"
*** Why force a character down a path that leads to a dead end in 40+ hours? Why?
*** The day I rolled this char, it was doomed to be deleted in disappointment. Why would the IMMs
*** allow this ruse of a character to continue all this time when the outcome was predictable, nay
*** inevitable?

*** I've played every class. Only shapeshifters hold my interest at this time. If they didn't exist,
*** I probably would have stopped playing CF awhile back. But, the class has become a chore and the
*** sad part is, there is no valid reason for it being so.

*** I was on a few days after Holoween-form-gate errupted on the forum. There were maybe 5
*** There was a reboot in 2 minutes. Then I see "A gruesome Otyugh has restored you."
*** I (and some others) assumed this was an (albeit odd) way of announcing that they had changed their
*** minds after all the backlash and Holoween forms were back. But Holoween forms are not back. So why make
*** that gecho? In retrospect, it looks like it was just an eyejab to players who were vocal with their
*** disappointment in the IMM's decision. Not to be a conspiracy theorist, but why would someone do that?

*** So, at least I know what I won't be doing tomorrow (CF).
*** Bitch: off
Subject Author Views Posted

Goodbye Cruel World

LogFiend 860 October 31, 2018 11:49PM

Re: Goodbye Cruel World

asker 376 November 02, 2018 03:45PM

Plenty of classes where you can determine exactly the skill variation. You like shifters partly because toughness depends on luck and you are upset because you failed the dice rolls (n/t)

Returner 319 November 01, 2018 06:04PM

I love seeing all the awesome edges you don't get just because you have to roll the bones, kick in the junk nt

hug 289 November 01, 2018 10:54AM

Lol. You're bitching even when you've got great forms?

K-B 502 November 01, 2018 07:07AM

Sounds to me

Kstatida 410 November 01, 2018 06:29AM

Bitch: please. Sorry but I couldn't resist :) No I hate the randomness too, which is why I don't roll shifters. Problem solved. (n/t)

Frosty 297 November 01, 2018 06:04AM

You shot yourself in the foot. There are only two foci worth choosing, defense is not one of them and neither is air. (n/t)

Murphy 331 November 01, 2018 04:49AM

Utility foci fans assemble!!!! Nt

Sam 276 November 01, 2018 12:06PM

You love shifters only?

zannon 431 November 01, 2018 03:24AM

Hah. Glad I read this first. I was going to post and say a lot of the same stuff.

TJHuron 367 November 01, 2018 04:34AM

Armadillo with sand lizard isn’t terrible. n/t

jalim 271 November 01, 2018 02:24AM

sand lizard with lemur is actually pretty decent too. mongoose/lemus mostly just sucks without a regen form. nt

The Forsaken(VIP) 365 November 01, 2018 04:52AM

I'd take goose with a side of sand lizard. A decent bit of extra dam from frenzy etc and you can take down some seriously big things (n/t)

abernyte 285 November 01, 2018 10:16AM

To summarize the contents to save people the time of reading this post: shapeshifter dead horse beating, whine, whine, bitch, bitch, cry, cry (n/t)

HairyOrangutan 277 November 01, 2018 12:18AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 96
Record Number of Users: 1 April 26, 2024
Record Number of Guests: 133 April 26, 2024