I'm curious.....

March 27, 2009 06:37PM
Why would a thief who successfully garroted someone stop when they're unconscious? Why wouldn't they just continue to choke them out until they were dead? This skill seems more suited to the assassin class, and would provide assassins with a unique method for killing someone who didn't have a vuln to abuse on assassinate.

And if you think about it, thieves in general, just based on a typical perspective of sneaking, devious mofos who primarily want to rob people blind, would use stealth and brute force or finesse (see: blackjack, weapon blackjack, knockout poison, etc) but in a manner that typically isn't intended to kill.

gar⋅rote   [guh-roht, -rot] Show IPA noun, verb, -rot⋅ed, -rot⋅ing.
–noun
1. a method of capital punishment of Spanish origin in which an iron collar is tightened around a condemned person's neck until death occurs by strangulation or by injury to the spinal column at the base of the brain.
2. the collarlike instrument used for this method of execution.
3. strangulation or throttling, esp. in the course of a robbery.
4. an instrument, usually a cord or wire with handles attached at the ends, used for strangling a victim.

It seems #3 is about the only rationale for the way the system is set up for thieves in CF. Maybe it's a game balance thing or whatever, I just never saw the garrote as a passive approach to robbing someone. It's an assassins tool.
Subject Author Views Posted

Reformated from log below.

LogFiend 665 March 26, 2009 07:20PM

I'm curious.....

cartherlen 286 March 27, 2009 06:37PM

You seek realism in unrealistic game nt.

dervish 226 March 28, 2009 03:32AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 83
Record Number of Users: 2 April 29, 2024
Record Number of Guests: 172 April 28, 2024