Ooglarr donezoes

April 23, 2014 12:18PM
I was down to 6 con and had never truly been happy with the Whirlwind legacy. I sucked it up for a while because I knew Empire really needed the boost but I really, really disliked my legacy choices. Ooglarr could have been 10x tougher if I wouldn't have tried to recreate Urgraj and had instead created Ooglarr. Ooglarr was the exact same build as Urgraj, just arial instead of felar, and in Empire instead of Nexus. I regret either not tailoring Ooglarr's legacies to Ooglarr, or choosing felar as Ooglarr's race, because the dual wielded claws, the pimp felar only gear, and the extra HP are really the difference makers in those builds.

I liked basically everyone I interacted with. Ooglarr was never intended to be an Imperial, he was intended to be an uncaballed evil mercenary who was all in it for the gold. I was going to try to start an IC merc group who could be hired out, or at least be a merc who could be hired out. Like Nexus, but going to whoever paid the best. Ultimately though that failed pretty early on. I had both Outtie and Empire gunning for me really hard in the late 20s/early 30s with notes from both cabals basically saying they'd reward whoever killed me. So I talked to Qintaris and got a pretty sweet gig. Qintaris paid me a pretty nice sum of gold to get my donations started and then I started rolling. On to the goodbyes:

Niji- I really liked you 95% of the time. But fucking A if your shadowy, meddley, schemey RP didn't get bothersome sometimes. I just wanted to PK and whip ass in the name of the Empire damnit!

Qintaris- I really, really wanted to like you. I can tell you're an excellently roleplayed character. But I did not like how many constraints you put on me. It seemed like every time you logged in it was another character or cabal that Ooglarr couldn't fuck with. Don't touch nexus, don't touch heralds, don't touch this trib. I'm just glad I managed to kill Corlx for that sexy 50,000 gold payout before you forbid me from killing Heralds (I cheated it a little bit because Mak is a fucking tool.) It was equally annoying that you have a COUNCIL (an advisory, deliberative, or legislative body of people formally constituted and meeting regularly.) who you absolutely do not let advise you. I very ICly, very respectfully raised two issues with you, both of them were immediately shot down with "Its my command." That's a legitimate strategy to play Emperor I guess, but when you're already hardly around it would have been nice for you to receive input from people who had their finger on the pulse of the cabal a bit better.

LOVED Jarlduz and Nizrili. Loved you all so hard. Can't even put into words how much love I have for you two. Badass blades through and through. Both of you are just standout and amazing.

Loved Lysufany and Maligor as well, just wish I saw Lysufany some more. It was great running with you all.

Mak- Grow up man. Spamming someone because they dusted you is annoying. Your whole character concept is IMO super annoying. I'm glad you got busted by the Imms that one time mid-spam of me. You're one of those Heralds that makes me really hate the cabal and there was a time when I really liked Herald (I've had a number of Heralds).

Herald - I really disliked you all. I hate the camp in the Inn, camp in the broken lyceum rooms where we won't get kicked out mentality. Killing you all was super satisfying. Play the game, don't hide in a broken room inside the Lyceum spamming EQ.

I'm not even going to mention Fort because the absolutely absurdly synched up logins just disgusts me. It's absolutely disgusting. Glad I stripped Caldysias of his super suit, glad I punked Baelen multiple times. Either one of you solo was just a speedbump, but you all have a pretty good, if predictable, tandem plan set up. Keara/Andira's synched up morning login makeout sessions were equally disconcerting. I'm super bummed the one time I got the drop on Keara I didn't seal the deal.

Loved/Hated Amatrysti. You're a great healer and it's really frustrating how high you bring up Fort's game.

I had mixed feelings about Nexus. Grilbo was fucking awesome, Guargoux and Alanrias were pretty cool. Turmi, you're one of those gear-hordey super conservative warriors I dislike. It's a legitimate way to play CF, but I'm glad I nailed you. I didn't strip you, regardless of what you told your cabal. I did take a shit-ton of your gear, but I also left you with all of my gear (which wasn't shitty, it just wasn't a warrior super suit.)

Battle- Someone needs to bring you all out of the doldrums. I don't think any of the current hero ragers can or will, but someone has to.

Oloice- I really liked you, you were excellent to run with. Sorry you got assassinated last night.

Yarazuthra- You landed two sweet kills on me in the wilds with some sexy snare + timing action. Good job and I hope you get a bit more aggressive because you're fun to play against.

I've never been good at good byes, and if I forgot you just reply and so will I.
Subject Author Views Posted

Ooglarr donezoes

FrostyTheGiant 861 April 23, 2014 12:18PM

I was absolutly positive this was you.

K-B 344 April 24, 2014 03:23AM

Fantastic Character.

donsampson 314 April 23, 2014 10:43PM

Dude. Whirlwind is and always will be shit

The Forsaken 402 April 23, 2014 02:39PM

Whirlwind is awesome....

Anti-Hero 392 April 23, 2014 03:07PM

Whirlwind, however, does not work very well with Imperial Offense/Defense, which is where my issue came in. The whole time I'm in a defensive stance maledicting them I'm restricting the number of offensive attacks I have. (n/t)

FrostyTheGiant 204 April 23, 2014 03:28PM

Re: Whirlwind, however, does not work very well with Imperial Offense/Defense, which is where my issue came in. The whole time I'm in a defensive stance maledicting them I'm restricting the number of offensive attacks I have.

alex 296 April 28, 2014 12:49PM

GREAT character by the way. You scared the shit out of me. Well well done man. (n/t)

Anti-Hero 210 April 23, 2014 03:35PM

Fair statement on imperial training. Look at NBMs last rager with whirlwind, Akedeh or whatever though.

Anti-Hero 342 April 23, 2014 03:32PM

Wasnt Malakhi whirlwind too? Hamstring + boneshatter (n/t)

TJHuron 254 April 23, 2014 04:34PM

He was very evasive about his legacies since he got a third in the role contest.

Sam 274 April 23, 2014 07:54PM

I always thought I read he had whirlwind and soul. Did he admit that somewhere like on officials maybe? (n/t)

TJHuron 190 April 24, 2014 03:56AM

95% positive he had Riddle. I always thought he got a damn boost legacy as his third because he got crazy tough for a while (but it could have been gear + my shit gear at the time). NT

Sam 208 April 24, 2014 04:54AM

Well, I at least found his third legacy. Forsaken thoughts!

TJHuron 273 April 24, 2014 05:12AM

Bloodthirst tore through people, not whirlwind. nt

The Forsaken 201 April 23, 2014 03:42PM

I agree with this. I also think a lot of it was NBM's skill. (n/t)

FrostyTheGiant 187 April 23, 2014 03:48PM

Nah. Otherwise every rager that thirsted would have almost 200 pks and be on the pillar too.

Anti-Hero 253 April 23, 2014 03:45PM

Most rager players played at a very low level of skill.

vortexmagus 267 April 27, 2014 07:37AM

NbM maximed the effect of incarnadine don't forget. He was more a bane of mages than warriors. Now his mino commander on the other hand was just death to everyone. NT

Sam 191 April 23, 2014 07:55PM

He thrashed more shifters and warriors than anything else. Warrior and warrior lite killer.

Anti-Hero 283 April 23, 2014 08:37PM

Yeah I knew Akedeh as Garwern, he was a monster. (n/t)

FrostyTheGiant 248 April 23, 2014 03:41PM

You forgot Ogrot!

Elystan 256 April 23, 2014 12:52PM

Re: Ooglarr donezoes

Terwin 346 April 23, 2014 12:37PM

I wouldn't mind the lyceum hide, but killing the lyceum librarian doesn't do much since you get auto-thrown out if you step inside anyway. (n/t)

FrostyTheGiant 175 April 23, 2014 12:40PM

Figures you would get me interested in CF again. PS I thought Ooglarr looked a lil Urgraj-y. Really thought Space worked well for you but yeah, Whirlwind was almost a waste. NT

Sam 227 April 23, 2014 12:25PM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 95
Record Number of Users: 2 April 29, 2024
Record Number of Guests: 258 May 03, 2024