Brujay deletion (late posting :))

May 02, 2016 05:41AM
Hello all! Brujay is done. I wanted to share my thoughts and then make some goodbyes. A lot of positives and negatives to arial ap, especially with tribunal powers allowing you to see hidden. First of all, I was never quite sure how an arial ap "fit" as far as a melee type or mage type. I tried it both ways. In Lhokai's log someone asked why an arial ap was using a mace. I spent a lot of time with this character trying to play it different ways. That was my "crippling strike melee" phase. I was thinking at this point to try to just cripple people and try to outmelee them. Before that was my "cut the face up" phase where I was working a lot on faceslash to see how that played out. The very last time I used it was on Llathe. I had it perfected and hit her with a cackling faceslash. Less than two game hours later she slept me with her songs. So either the faceslash was ineffective or of such a short duration as to not matter. that was the end of the cut the face up phase. Next I tried the lashes of the slave thing. I found it to be average at best. During ranking I did hit five strikes almost as often as I hit two. One to two would be caps damage. After taking unholy slavemaster I would do the same ranking but in raiding or PK I would hit sometimes four or five caps damage. Finally after the lashes thing I went to the spear with Spine of the Agrakaga. I guess this is what people expected me to go with from the start. I wanted to try everything and when I rolled up I did not want to be "another Mhirnal." This is in no way a judgement of Mhirnal, I just wanted to break the mold and also to check out for myself how things worked and played. With that in mind I also wanted to not level sit at 36 until I got controls. I thought I could get more kills in cabal wars at hero than I could trying to kill alone at 36 with so many fewer targets to work on and with assassins also sitting right there. Overall with the character I had a great time.

I will say that my barrier was damned near impossible for me to get. When you play ap you better know alternate sources for all your wands. Overall I was not terribly thrilled with this build. I did not have the hit points or strength to bang with melee classes. I felt like I would have been better at spells if I were a human or a dark elf. I learned pretty quickly that the first move or attack is pretty important with an AP, maybe more important than other classes. Whether it is cleave, sleep, blind, or trip/bash, you definitely want to be making the first move. This is hard to do when you are on duty as a tribunal. If they are not already criminal and they are coming they are going to get the first move. When it is a bard sleep or a cranial from a villager you might as well just walk away from your keyboard, go get a cup of coffee and a Danish, and come back to your corpse.

Goodbyes:

enemies: Tanzer - great and awful. You were great because you were tenacious and relentless. You were terrible because I know you have worked with villagers three times, at least. I saw it twice with Youda and once with this character. Quite frankly, if I were them I would be scared shitless of you and also team up against lesser opponents. I think it says more about the villagers than anything about you. You were never afraid to attack in town and from all the logs I have ready your rp is pretty good.

Bilgritik - also as relentless and tenacious as Tanzer. evading the two of you when you were working together was sometimes quite a chore. You were never afraid to come get it.

Gulrom - you are a trash talking b team player if I ever saw one. Just shut up. Really. First of all, why would you call an ap a coward or lacking honor? They are an AP. of course they are a coward and lack honor. Second of all, you only want the matchups you are sure to win. How many times were we there in Hamsah with you running your mouth and then you let Sekope walk by. I guess the duergar was not evil enough for you to fight? Was that it? Or was it that he wasn't also 7 levels lower and had resist/db and would have worn you out? Unlike Bilgritik you never came at the guild hall, you never came at the Spire, you just sat there in Hamsah watching Sekope and the Imperials run by talking trash to me. I almost pissed myself laughing when I read your delete posts and people were saying what a great character you were.

Llathe - great things to say and one awful thing. I will try to be careful as you are active still. Early on I did not respect you because I felt you were just like Gulrom. I even told you once in character you needed to be more like Bilgritik and less like Gulrom. To my amazement, you really did so. After that you started hitting the guild and chasing me out of it. You got much bolder and more aggressive and tended to be less of a trash talker. Thank you so much! Another great thing - one time with Llathe hitting my guild hall in hamsah I decided to go for it. I wanded up guardcalled and went out. Almost immediately my stupid internet lagged then dropped. I reconnected about a minute later fully expecting to go to my corpse. Llathe did not kill me. I don't know how you saw my link drop. It was not my intention. If I wanted to avoid fighting you (again) I would have simply ported and gone to the spire. I had done it dozens of times before. But very classy to the person behind the keyboard on that side. After that I did try to fight you a few times even though I am super lousy at PK. The awful thing - you coordinated with Tanzer that one time in Hamsah to get me and Qaqah. Bad form my friend.

Myriani - that thing we talked about with your cabal - yeah, I feel you. When I was Youda either Gaspare and everyone were on or it was only me. When I was Floman in nexus there were weeks where I only saw me. I would catch someone else once in a great while. Towards his end at least two others started to come regularly. In four months I bonded four times. It is very tough when you enjoy the cabal wars and your damned cabal is empty.

Any others - I did not fight a whole lot. I am awful at PK and even though I am working on it I still tend to avoid fights. If I missed you here sorry

Friends: Krisnif at the top. We went through the dark times man. By that I mean Shravthar the villager (or was it shrevath - one was Empire one was villager) raiding through three of us and taking the scales easily. So for a while our numbers got super low at our play times. Annkhu stopped coming as much. Zahandriel had quit playing. Laeden was irregular - but we were awesome when he was there. How many times was it just us two and a gang of villagers and outlanders? A lot. your RP was consistent and great all the way through. To be honest when you got into it with Qinsa and were going to get demoted I was not surprised because you had the exact same arguments with Laeden. I was super impressed you carried it through to the logical but heartbreaking conclusion of you getting removed. Top notch in sticking to your character and a great ally in the dark times.

Qinsa - you changed the whole playing field. Ask Myriani. you got provost over Krisnif and I was kinda surprised. I know he was trying based on the way he was over the CB channels. In the end, given the way things seemed to play I wonder if it would have been better if you were vindicator and he was provost. Think about all the wars you could have declared! Let me know which cabal you are going to take over next so I can get in on the ground floor, haha!

Zahandriel - your knowledge of the game seems erudite. I wish you would have never left.

Darvoderis - You have any idea how close I was to trying sleep when you summoned me on eastern road? I had it on a speed key. I am a bad killer first of all and I was not sure Qinsa's war was mine. I had plenty, PLENTY of enemies without screwing around with empire too. I am glad to see you are finally Emperor (even though it happened after Brujay deleted).

Rodacir - Some good talks, but we never really worked together. the temptation was there to try for you and take your souls, but then I was like nah. Plus you died a lot. You're always a ghost. How many souls could you have to steal? But as hard as it was for me to get souls I decided even if I wanted to kill you I would not take your souls. You went the standard route as far as level sitting until controls - or trying to. You did tell me once not a lot of targets. then as you and I both know when you are level 42 AP you got all the heroes. So you better hurry up and get to hero man!

Anyone else I forgot - Thanks for everything. It is the people in this game who make it great, for the most part. 99% of us that are left I think are pretty good players and people. I try with the helping to explore and rank and get gear. I don't think I will ever be good at PK. If I cannot do it by now I likely cannot do it.
Subject Author Views Posted

Brujay deletion (late posting :))

ellokraine 487 May 02, 2016 05:41AM

Good character. n/t

jalim 216 May 02, 2016 05:49AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 14
Record Number of Users: 2 April 29, 2024
Record Number of Guests: 258 May 03, 2024