Goblin Raider update!

September 20, 2012 09:18AM
*Copy/pasted from the officials, see the announcements board.

With October (too rapidly) approaching, I thought it might be helpful to post an update on this project. For the sake of those who are interested, the next seasonal race (which also involves a class) is the Goblin Raider. The Raider class is something of a Berserker/Thief hybrid... but with bows... and mounts. I have in mind a future expansion for the Goblin into the Artificer sub-class of the future Enchanter class, but Raiders seem like a reasonable introduction. Goblins will have the ability to choose between being part of the Clan, or being outside the Clan (and thus being able to join a cabal). Being the lesser cousins of Orcs, they face a unique obstacle in that they can only rank to level 40. A similar restriction will be placed on Witch Doctors, should we decide to move forward with that class for Orcs and Goblins alike.1

Mounts, it turns out, involve a lot of tedious work. Dissertations, likewise, involve a lot of tedious work. Between the two, the latter has devoured the lion's share of my time. Since I'm the only one working on the Goblin Raider code, this means we're taking a scheduling hit--unless we open up the race/class without mounts and then open that up later. So the release date is still TBA.

On a more positive note, I invite players to submit ideas for a unique Goblin skill that they feel would be great for a Raider to have. I would be happy to incorporate the best idea(s?) into the release if possible. Extra consideration will be given to skills that particularly complement the skill set of Orcs (and thus encourage their cooperative efforts).

1 Witch Doctors have been on the drawing board for many, many years. I would eventually like to see them implemented, but again, resources are an issue.

Long live Scarabaeus
Subject Author Views Posted

Goblin Raider update!

NbM(VIP) 1943 September 20, 2012 09:18AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 101
Record Number of Users: 5 November 04, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 358 August 31, 2022